Ring App Feature Request

Is there any word on when the Neighbors app (feature) will be available in Australia?

Would like to have this feature.

Requesting in Ring App the ability to have a custom mode. Currently there is disarm, Away, and home.

Having a custom mode would allow to modify primary entries door(s) to secondary classification during that custom mode so upon sensor trigger alarm is immediate versus governed by entry delay.

1 Like

Two-Factor authentication via App option. “Authy” compatibility would be a significant security upgrade to the current setup. My coworker just suffered the SIM Card Swap Scam, and it’s got me paranoid. Every time he tried changing passwords, the hacker would receive the SMS message and/or emails to reset the login. What say you?

2 Likes

Hello. I would like to request an app for the Apple Watch- capable of Arming/Disarming alarm as well as video playback. Thank you.

2 Likes

Add feature to select default speaker for live view/Answered rings and another for previous recordings. Right now on my andoid phone the live view audio come over the earpiece of the phone and there is no way to tell the app to play over the speaker. And right now the previous recordings play over the speaker and there is no way to tell it to play over the ear piece.

Many of us hate the new forced timeline mode. It was an option before. What is the reasoning behind taking options away from users? We want true, automatic full-screen once an activity is detected. Then, when the activity is over, return the app to preview.

#maketimelineanoptionagain

4 Likes

I can’t seem to find the dusk to dawn option in the lighting schedule setting for the Ring Floodlight Cam on the app. I see this option available for Standard Ring Floodlight, but when I look for it under the setting for the Ring Floodlight Cam it is not there. I see online in the FAQ that this feature appears to be available but I am still unable to find it in the app. Also, is the dusk to dawn feature available when you link devices to detect motion and turn on the lights. For example, when I link the camera at the end of my driveway to turn on the floodlights around my house, the app directs me to fill out a time for this to occur. Is the dusk to dawn feature available for this as well?

Ever since this last update, every single one of my devices (iPhone, iPad) will no longer give me pop ups for live view when motion is detected (or on the doorbells, show me video once the doorbell is pressed so I can answer). On every device, I now get the spinning activating device notification. There has been zero change in my wifi signal (more than strong enough to all locations) nor my ISP (I have 1-GigE down, 40mb up). This issue started with the last app update forcing us to use the timeline which does not provide an option to deactivate. I have doorbell pro, doorbell2, spotlight cam, and 3 stick-up battery cams with solar panels. When will the app be updated to fix this - I am NOT the only one impacted - seeing this mentioned by other users as well. Additionally, after any motion is detected - sometimes blank sometimes with cam, it won’t go back to the dashboard - it is now stuck on a dark/black screen

3 Likes

Ditto to all of this. The last update was awful. The [unwanted by many] timeline view just gets stuck on the last active camera and often just goes black forever, as the last recording uploads to the cloud. It’s a mess.

3 Likes

@StephenC wrote:

I can’t seem to find the dusk to dawn option in the lighting schedule setting for the Ring Floodlight Cam on the app. I see this option available for Standard Ring Floodlight, but when I look for it under the setting for the Ring Floodlight Cam it is not there. I see online in the FAQ that this feature appears to be available but I am still unable to find it in the app. Also, is the dusk to dawn feature available when you link devices to detect motion and turn on the lights. For example, when I link the camera at the end of my driveway to turn on the floodlights around my house, the app directs me to fill out a time for this to occur. Is the dusk to dawn feature available for this as well?

The Ring Floodlight Cam doesn’t have the Dusk to Dawn option. Which like you, I found out after purchase as its shown in Ring documentation. Its a feature a $30 light has you would think a $250 light would.

Sadly the Floodlight Cams are just a standard low end Ring Cam bolted to a $15 led twin head light.

My Rings had a use but they have gone from useful and market leading, and are now frustrating to use and deal with.

1 Like

I have six cameras and would like to be able to see live view on dashboard by touching the desired camera. Request that the live view work on dash board without leaving it. If I wanted to change to another camera quickly, I would only have to touch another. Then if desired, enlarge the camera to a single screen, like it does now. Changing from one live view to another with the present set-up takes too long.

1 Like

Dark mode for iOS Ring app.

I have a simple request that would greatly improve my personal satisfaction with the product. I have a standard job schedule but often work from home (2-5 days a week but never on a consistent schedule). While I have a schedule programmed to notify on all weekdays, on the days I’m home it’s very annoying to be required to snooze my cams every 4 hours (and having to do this 3 times to prevent constant notifications). Is it possible to increase the snooze slide up to 24 hours or at least 12 hours? Additionally, if recording could be disabled during this time, I believe it would greatly increase battery life (even if this is a mode selection, etc.). Hopefully this is a quick and easy request that could be completed. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi - desperately wish you had the following

1. Ability to arm/disarm motion detection for doorbell and flood cam via Alexa (with pin code)

2. Ability to disarm doorbell & flood cam motion detection and lights based on geolocation (so when someone is home we don’t get alerts or lights don’t go on)

3. Ability to snooze the lights only (not motion detection)

4. Wish the light infrared detection could tell the difference between steam from our boiler and a physical being

5. I know it’s controversial but I would like to have facial recognition so I know when my kids get home

6. Select which echo devices get the alert when connected to ring via alexa

7. Change the tone of the ring doorbell (in device)

8. Not have motion alerts for animals. It’s still they get recorded but I don’t need to be alerted a bird or fox is outside my door

9. With FireTV, it’s not that helpful to go to video as really I can just get up. What would be better is for the chime/announcement just to happen

10. Alexa command to turn an individual flood cam light on. For example I need to go to the end of the garden and don’t want it automatically switching off

11. Allow triggers in Alexa routines

I live in a suburban area where lately we have been having spottings of coyotes and foxes. Some neighbors post these spottings (always tagging them as safety alerts), which I appreciate as a dog owner and when I see these posts I notify my neighbors who take their smaller dogs out for walks at night. The problem is that there are a number of app users who will respond to the post with rude comments (many of which I recently flagged as inappropriate) and statements that such notifications are not appropriate for the community.

I have two requests 1. Please make clear in community guidelines that these posts do not violate the community rules and 2. Consider making a separate type of alert for spottings of wild animals that may be dangerous to small children and pets. While I do not agree with how the neighbors who object to the postings regarding wildlife belittle those who make these posts, I can understand their frustration if these activities do not concern them. The current “safety” alert type covers many possible activities (missing child, unsafe drivers, etc.) so by opting out of receiving notifications regarding “safety”, you would avoid receiving notifications regarding dangerous wildlife but would also not be notified about these other safety concerns. If you were to create a type of alert specifically for spottings of dangerous wildlife, the users who rudely object to such postings can opt out of receiving notifications regarding them.

3 Likes

krodaddy,
Great suggestions. I see these posts and replies a lot in my neighborhood as well. Let’s hope Ring can implement these very soon.

2 Likes

There’s a small glitch in the Ring app with alerts and motion snooze (that works as it should in the Rapid Ring app). If you have one of these two apps set to alert on motion but not on ring, you can snooze motion in Rapid Ring even though ring alerts aren’t enabled but motion is - which is how it should work. But in the Ring app, you can’t snooze motion alerts unless both motion and ring are enabled - if only motion is enabled and you try to snooze it you get a notice that you can’t snooze motion unless it’s enabled - even though it IS enabled.

You should be able to snooze motion in the Ring app as long as Motion alerts are actually enabled - regardless of whether or not Ring alerts are enabled in the Ring app.

I would like to see the ability to snooze motion from a tile instead of opening the app.

Better yet, it would be nice to snooze camera motion if the alarm system is disabled.

My house is on a very narrow street. For the people motion range to capture up to my property line, the vehicle motion zone band extends across the street and halfway up my neighbor’s house. I wish there was a way to narrow the car motion band so it was actually on the street. When I move it so it’s only on the street, the human motion zone is so narrow it doesn’t even catch my mailman.

Good suggestion to either clarify the “safety” settings or create a new “pet safety” type alert.

I just caught a fox on ring cam. I had no idea they lived in my yard and its sight was stunning. As an animal owner, protector, and lover I found it to be useful information to know and share to protect pets and to mind the protected red foxes. I received instant literal hate speech for posting. What a shock. I thought ring would have a friendly neighborhood community, but I guess there are trolls everywhere on the net.