Ring App Feature Request

I’d like to request 2 features. First, I’d like to be able to have the ring app override my volume and do not disturb options when there is an alarm event at a location to ensure I hear the siren. Like pong paging. Second, I have some shared cameras for the same property that I would also like to record when there is an alarm event. I should be able to tie them into the linking even though they are shared with me and not on the alarm system account.

Ease reach out if you have questions. Thank you!

Hello
I work from home and I have a Ring Camera in my basement office. I have a “Monition Schedule“ set for my work hours, but I have to manually disable “Live View and Record Motion” when I am at my desk. I would like to see Ring App Product Enhancement that when I schedule the indoor Ring Camera not to alert me that can it also schedule the camera not to record live video or prompt me to disable those settings.

Hi, I would like a way to easily change cameras from the timeline view. I have multiple devices and having to back out to the main dashboard Everytime I want to switch devices is very tedious. Maybe even a view where I can view multiple devices at the same time would be nice

1 Like

Ring team,

I have to replace an old keypad to open a gate to park my vehicle at home, please see my suggestion below:

How about designing a Gate Opener that works just like a video doorbell where people come to the gate (this could be a driveway gate, a regular door with a buzzer to open it , or a garage door), and there will be a keypad to enter a code and open it if you know the code, a badge reader for amazon to swipe an employee badge to open and leave a package, and also a call button to call me (the owner) just like a video doorbell and if I recognize the person I can open this garage door or driveway gate from my Ring app on my phone.

Contact me if you have questions or if you already have a device that works as such.

Thanks

The Timeline feature needs to go back as an option. All it’s doing is taking up valuable screen space. Before anyone asks, I’m using an iPhone 8 iOS 13.3 and ring app version 5.21.1.

1 Like

Is there any plans to add support for Ring Alarm in the Windows 10 app? Currently it only shows cameras and not the alarm.

2 Likes

To Whom It may concern,

Please enable or add one-time password soft token support for your two factor authentication. Alternatively you can also add email to receive the one time passwords.

My Use Case:

I am a merchant marine and although I have internet access in my vessel, I not always have cell phone signal. I am unable to receive the codes via SMS.

I like soft token support because it works natively on the device even if it is not online. I already use these with many other services such as: Gmail, Amazon, Facebook, etc.

The other alternative would be for me to receive the codes via email. This method is not as convenient as soft tokens but a good workaround when tokens are not available. I have this option with my investment institution due to the fact that they do not support soft tokens.

I would like to use two factor authentication even with I am not within cell phone range.

Thanks,
Rob

I currently have the Schlage connect smart lock which works great with the ring app. Recently an update has allowed users to schedule arming and disarming of the ring alarm with user codes entered on the smart lock, my request is for an update that will allow account owners the option to schedule when a authorized user can and cannot unlock the smart lock.

Is there any word on when the Neighbors app (feature) will be available in Australia?

Would like to have this feature.

Requesting in Ring App the ability to have a custom mode. Currently there is disarm, Away, and home.

Having a custom mode would allow to modify primary entries door(s) to secondary classification during that custom mode so upon sensor trigger alarm is immediate versus governed by entry delay.

1 Like

Two-Factor authentication via App option. “Authy” compatibility would be a significant security upgrade to the current setup. My coworker just suffered the SIM Card Swap Scam, and it’s got me paranoid. Every time he tried changing passwords, the hacker would receive the SMS message and/or emails to reset the login. What say you?

2 Likes

Hello. I would like to request an app for the Apple Watch- capable of Arming/Disarming alarm as well as video playback. Thank you.

2 Likes

Add feature to select default speaker for live view/Answered rings and another for previous recordings. Right now on my andoid phone the live view audio come over the earpiece of the phone and there is no way to tell the app to play over the speaker. And right now the previous recordings play over the speaker and there is no way to tell it to play over the ear piece.

Many of us hate the new forced timeline mode. It was an option before. What is the reasoning behind taking options away from users? We want true, automatic full-screen once an activity is detected. Then, when the activity is over, return the app to preview.

#maketimelineanoptionagain

4 Likes

I can’t seem to find the dusk to dawn option in the lighting schedule setting for the Ring Floodlight Cam on the app. I see this option available for Standard Ring Floodlight, but when I look for it under the setting for the Ring Floodlight Cam it is not there. I see online in the FAQ that this feature appears to be available but I am still unable to find it in the app. Also, is the dusk to dawn feature available when you link devices to detect motion and turn on the lights. For example, when I link the camera at the end of my driveway to turn on the floodlights around my house, the app directs me to fill out a time for this to occur. Is the dusk to dawn feature available for this as well?

Ever since this last update, every single one of my devices (iPhone, iPad) will no longer give me pop ups for live view when motion is detected (or on the doorbells, show me video once the doorbell is pressed so I can answer). On every device, I now get the spinning activating device notification. There has been zero change in my wifi signal (more than strong enough to all locations) nor my ISP (I have 1-GigE down, 40mb up). This issue started with the last app update forcing us to use the timeline which does not provide an option to deactivate. I have doorbell pro, doorbell2, spotlight cam, and 3 stick-up battery cams with solar panels. When will the app be updated to fix this - I am NOT the only one impacted - seeing this mentioned by other users as well. Additionally, after any motion is detected - sometimes blank sometimes with cam, it won’t go back to the dashboard - it is now stuck on a dark/black screen

3 Likes

Ditto to all of this. The last update was awful. The [unwanted by many] timeline view just gets stuck on the last active camera and often just goes black forever, as the last recording uploads to the cloud. It’s a mess.

3 Likes

@StephenC wrote:

I can’t seem to find the dusk to dawn option in the lighting schedule setting for the Ring Floodlight Cam on the app. I see this option available for Standard Ring Floodlight, but when I look for it under the setting for the Ring Floodlight Cam it is not there. I see online in the FAQ that this feature appears to be available but I am still unable to find it in the app. Also, is the dusk to dawn feature available when you link devices to detect motion and turn on the lights. For example, when I link the camera at the end of my driveway to turn on the floodlights around my house, the app directs me to fill out a time for this to occur. Is the dusk to dawn feature available for this as well?

The Ring Floodlight Cam doesn’t have the Dusk to Dawn option. Which like you, I found out after purchase as its shown in Ring documentation. Its a feature a $30 light has you would think a $250 light would.

Sadly the Floodlight Cams are just a standard low end Ring Cam bolted to a $15 led twin head light.

My Rings had a use but they have gone from useful and market leading, and are now frustrating to use and deal with.

1 Like

I have six cameras and would like to be able to see live view on dashboard by touching the desired camera. Request that the live view work on dash board without leaving it. If I wanted to change to another camera quickly, I would only have to touch another. Then if desired, enlarge the camera to a single screen, like it does now. Changing from one live view to another with the present set-up takes too long.

1 Like

Dark mode for iOS Ring app.