Ring App Feature Request

1. Zoom into the recorded videos. i can do this on the live view, but it would be really good if that was possible with recorded videos as well.

2. face recognitition to not capture motions of known faces.

13 Likes

Hi @vcdxb, thank you for sharing these feature requests in the Community! Regarding #4, you can download individual videos from your Ring devices to keep. This Ring Help Center article about sharing videos has some steps you can follow on iOS or Android, check it out here.

4 Likes

The ability to snooze motion alerts on all cameras (at a location) with one press.

Working in the yard, setting off 6 different cameras for 2 hours - an ios/android user should be able to snooze all of the camera alerts easily - rather than interacting with multiple alerts.

21 Likes

I was very disappointed to learn that rercording cannot be disabled. I have 2 doorbells and 1 stick up cam and just fished mowing the lawn and some yard work. I had 67 recordings. You can disbale motion alerts, but not the recordings. I hope Ring is working on a solution for this. I guess I’ll star pulling batteries.

25 Likes

Thanks for sharing @bampa67 ! This would make for an excellent feature request, so we moved your post to this apps feature request thread, and will certainly be sharing your wishes with the team.

5 Likes

I wish I could create custom tones. Actually what I wish was that there were Vibrations that could be used as an Alert instead of sounds. I need to have my phone muted a lot and a Vibration could help a lot, especially a Vibration different from the normal phone Vibration.

As far as the tones, I have selected tones different than default, but if I close the app (but stay signed in), I get the default tones. Is that normal?

5 Likes
  1. Snooze motion alerts on doorbell for desired time duration when a selected door sensor (ring alarm) is opened.

Use Case: I don’t want an alert each time I step out of my own front door…

1. Allow this integration from Alexa to control motion alerts and other settings with more home integrations

2. Why can I not read sensor event information in my external smart home system yet? Needs an API. Right now my ring alarm system is only an alarm, but it has so many potential smart home scenarios…

4 Likes

I have setup a few door bells and a problem I have is I can’t independantly move the car and person zones in the motion settings if I move the slider to cover the entire porch it extends out across the street.

Can you make a ring doorbell app for Ubuntu or Mint or Pop Os ? A number of computers running windows 7 are going to be upgraded to these free operating systems when windows 7 reaches end of life. The really cheap $20USD WyzeCam worked with xnor ai to add human detection and reduce alerts this might be something to look at.

2 Likes

The really cheap $20USD WyzeCam worked with xnor ai to add human detection and reduce alerts

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing! I’ve moved this over to the feature request thread to ensure it makes it to our engineer team. We love hearing everyones wishes, and sharing them with the team, keep 'em coming!

1 Like

Need a “snooze lights” feature similar to the snooze motion alerts. Use case: after dark we sit on patio and the lights constantly come on due to our motion. Have to manually go in and turn off the lights motion zones. And then forget to turn them back on. Need a snooze lights feature.

13 Likes

Just wondering with all these ideas get that tossed out to Ring is there a way to help with Beta testing? Before I switched over to Ring I had Arlo cameras and I signed up for a Beta program they had and it was found to be usefull. I have Beta tested for MS for years and years with Windows so it got me thinking if Ring does Beta testing with their customers.

5 Likes

Awesome ideas everyone! Our team is really enjoying seeing the value in these wishes.

@veener79 our beta testing program is invite-only at the moment, however, we will pass your request on to the Beta team for consideration. Thanks for your interest!

3 Likes

One feature I would like to see is the option to see a snapshot of the event that triggered motion on timeline. Xfinity does that and it is nice to be able to glance down at timeline and say, ok that’s the mailman, that’s the wife, this person I don’t know so going to look at this clip, etc…

10 Likes

For iOS app: create Siri Shortcut hooks that allow the Shortcuts app to toggle Motion and Ring alerts as well as start a “Live View”.

5 Likes

Huge IT/tech person here, I would also be interested in Beta testing stuff

It would be awesome if there was a Ring “app” for Apple TV/FireTV/Roku etc. where you could go in and just see your camera feeds.

14 Likes

Nest’s Hello Doorbell can now tell you when a package arrives and the Wyza Cam can tell who is a human to reduce alerts when will ring get AI ? These are updates to already deployed products…

2 Likes

I completely agree my mother and uncle are not very tech savy people having an android tv app or ring tv app would make it simple to review the camera footage BUT they should not be able to delete without providing the password.

That is my one concern some people leave their cell phones or computers unlocked and a commited person who breaks in could go and delete the recordings…

2 Likes