Rapid Ring On Chromebook

The Android Rapid Ring app does not work on a Chromebook (with Play Store support). The Rapid Ring app installs and launches correctly but when a camera is select to view the app locks up. The app works fine on my Android phone.

I suspect it has something to do with the app forcing a screen rotation for viewing which, of course, is not going to work on a Chromebook. Unfortunate. I’d really like to view my cameras while at my desk without having to grab my phone. As an alternative, a web viewer would be nice.

Hi @MrSpeeb! The Ring app is compatible with IOS, Android, OSX, and Windows 10. Of course, the OS version is also important as there are older and unsupported versions. Check out our help center article for a quick an easy way to download the Ring app. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Your response did not answer my question. I understand the OSs that are supported. Android is one of them. My point was that using the Android Rapid Ring app on my Chromebook, which supports Play Store and Android apps, the Rapid Ring app locks up/freezes when trying to display a camera live view. As I said, I suspect that this has to do with the fact that the Android Rapid Ring app forces a landscape rotation of the live view.

Please don’t respond with supported operating systems. I’m well aware. Please report to the Android developers. I suspect an option to not rotate the screen to landscape would go a long way to solving the problem.

Your welcome.

1 Like

Can you reassure this works on a Google operative system Chromebook (only MaxOS and Windows specified) yet Google sold more Chromebooks than were sold Macs last year.