Rapid Ring Notification Sound

Before Rapid Ring I used only the normal Ring app. For my doorbell pro I could select one sound for the doorbell button being pressed, and another sound for motion. That way the sound informed me if it was a doorbell button or just motion. However now I use the Rapid Ring app and I have the notifications turned on in that app. But I have to turn the notifications off in the main Ring app to prevent getting double notifications (one from each app). But the problem is that for the Rapid Ring app there is only the option for a single notification sound, regardless of what caused the notification. So I can’t tell the difference between a doorbell button being pressed and motion. Is there any way to work around this?

Rapid Ring app 1.11.0

Ring app 3.27.1

Phone: Galaxy S7 (Android)

Hey @lemmy999. The Rapid Ring app is meant to have very limited settings and be used solely to help Live View load faster, so we do not have additional notification preferences and sounds to pick from for the alerts. Thank you for your feedback on this though! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

I have a flood light camera that picks up all animals all night. How do I turn off or do snooze for more than 4 hrs?

Good question, @Steve123! You’ll be happy to hear that the Motion Snooze feature actually has a max duration of 4 hours. In your Ring app, select your Floodlight Cam, select Motion Snooze, and then select duration and save. Our help center article has these instructions and more details about motion snooze.

You can also use the Motion Scheduling feature, which will give you more options for avoid alerts on certain days, between certain hours. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: