Rapid Ring Motion Settings?

Does anyone know if the Rapid Ring app for iOS uses the motion settings from the full Ring app? For example, does it use the motion zones, people only mode, motion sensitivity or schedule?

@DonOfFlorida wrote:

Does anyone know if the Rapid Ring app for iOS uses the motion settings from the full Ring app? For example, does it use the motion zones, people only mode, motion sensitivity or schedule?

Yes they do.
Ive turned off notifications in the ring app and switched them on in rapid ring so if I get a notification I just swipe the notification and it opens rapid ring as it opens so much quicker

1 Like

I understand that and use the Rapid Ring in the same way (have notifications turned off in the full app and when notified it opens the Rapid Ring). What Iā€™m unsure of and would like confirmation from the Ring team on is it the Rapid Ring uses the zones, etc. from the full Ring app. For example, my drivway floods have three zones. I usually keep one of hte zones off because it is in the street itself. If I turn it on or off within the full Ring app will Rapid Ring know that?

Hey neighbors! @DonOfFlorida Yes, the Rapid Ring App does not have separate settings for your devices so nothing changes when you use it compared to the original Ring App. The Rapid Ring App is just a lighter version of the Ring App specifically meant for answering notifications and accessing Live View, so the other settings are not changed in any way. :slight_smile:

2 Likes