Rapid Ring App - suddenly not receiving notifications

Hi All,

Today i am not receiving notifications from the “rapid ring” app, it was working yesterday. I have confirmed that all notifications preference are enabled, I have logged out and back into the app. I have even deleted it and reinstalled it. on iOS platform

I am receiving motion and ring alerts from the normal “ring” app, however, prefer to the “Rapid Ring” app for speed.

Is there an issue with the service or a bug in the app, as it is on the latest version from the app store (V1.10.0 (1.10.0.3))

Thanks,

@GeoStorm wrote:

Hi All,

Today i am not receiving notifications from the “rapid ring” app, it was working yesterday. I have confirmed that all notifications preference are enabled, I have logged out and back into the app. I have even deleted it and reinstalled it. on iOS platform

I am receiving motion and ring alerts from the normal “ring” app, however, prefer to the “Rapid Ring” app for speed.

Is there an issue with the service or a bug in the app, as it is on the latest version from the app store (V1.10.0 (1.10.0.3))

Thanks,

Mines the same. Guess there’s an issue.

Hey neighbors! Could you please try deleting the Rapid Ring app from your phone, rebooting your phone (ensure you have done this, as this part is critical), and then reinstall the Rapid Ring app? From there, ensure you log into the Rapid Ring app, have notifications turned on, and are all set. Once this is done, please capture a screen recording of your phone where the notification for the Ring app comes through when you trigger your camera to send a notification (ding Doorbell or trigger movement in front of camera). In the same recording, it would be most helpful to show the settings in the Rapid Ring app being as they should after triggering the notification as well.

This information will be valuable to pass onto the appropriate teams to get this escalated up further. Please also include what kind of phone you have, as well as your phone’s OS version. To upload your screen recording, you will have to upload it somewhere and grab a url to share here, or compress the MP4 into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached in replies. Hope to hear back from you soon, neighbors, and appreciate your involvement with this in advance! :slight_smile:

Hi

signed out of rapid ring. Deleted app and re booted phone. Signed back in and set notifications. Triggered camera no notification received

iPhone X with iOS 13.5. However noticed there is an update to 13.5.1 so going to update and try again.

@ChrisJohn Thank you for giving that a try! After testing this on my iPhone as well, I am running into the same concern and the Rapid Ring app will not send me any additional notifications, or any at all (when I turn off alerts for the Ring app). I’m getting this matter escalated by the appropriate teams as we speak, so I will update as soon as I can! :slight_smile:

Any news on this Rapid Ring notification problem, as it has been a whole day now!?

Same thing is happening to me. Just began noticing that Rapid Ring was not notifying me of any notifications.

That said, my wife who has an Android phone is seeing notifications fine.

Hey @Shotla. I do not have any new updates at this time, as our team is still investigating this matter. Just to confirm, is this happening on your iOS device? Please let me know what kind of Apple device this is happening on, as well as your OS version please.

Hi @MYKEU, to confirm, are you not receiving any notifications on your phone, which I assume to also be iOS is? Please also let me know what Apple device you have and what iOS version you are on please. In addition, please confirm for me that your wife is still currently receiving notifications via the Rapid Ring app (testing an event to confirm this would be great for me!) and then if she does, let me know what Android phone she has and what OS she is on.

Having this addition information should help out teams isolate this further. Thank you, neighbors!

Hey neighbors! Just wanted to chime in again (I know I just posted on this concern), but this concern looks to be resolved at this time. I have tested this on my personal device and it seems to be restored. Let me know if you have any additional problems! :slight_smile:

I can confirm that notification are now working - many thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Chelsea_Ring I’m having the same issue but on Android phone, the motion notifications are off even though when I click on an icon, I am assured that it has been enabled. Ring notification is on and the icon appears as blue, but the motion notification is off and the running man is greyed out.

I’ve uninstalled the app, re-booted my phone and re-installed the app again but this didn’t fix the issue.

Can you check with the developers if this can be prioritised, please?
Cheers!