Pinch to zoom on live view not working!! Use the Rapid Ring app it’s still working!!

Just update the Ring app for iOS version 5.21.0 and now you can’t pinch to zoom on live view any more.

This is a fantastic function and one you definitely need, you still can pinch to zoom on playback.

I have tried the Ring app on a different iPhone that has still got the old version 5.20.0 and the pinch to zoom on live view is still working perfectly on the old iOS version so it’s definitely a issue with the new iOS update version 5.21.0

The only way to pinch to zoom on live view just now is to download the Rapid Ring app from the App Store, until Ring fixings the issue everybody is having, it does not have all the functions of the original ring app. But you can pinch to zoom on live view.

24 Likes

Hey neighbors! Can you be more detailed on what you are trying to zoom in on? Attaching a screenshot would assist us all in helping you out with this, especially to see if you are all having the same roadblock. If you’re referencing the Live View, and you’re currently on the Event History Timeline - there is a way to zoom in on your live feed from there! Tap the small white square at the bottom of your video, and then that will open up your traditional Live View look where you can zoom in from there.

1 Like

Hey Chelsea_Ring,

Thank you for your reply, sorry but adding a screenshot will not show you what I believe we are all having issues with after the new update. When I mean zoom in and out I’m talking about when you go to the tap to go live on the video you can not zoom in or out with this version of the Ring app.

7 Likes

Hey @TSstewartPhoto! No worries on the screenshot. Can you remove the app from your phone, reboot your phone (turn it off/on), and then reinstall the app on your phone. If you are still having this concern and unable to zoom in and out, please reach out to our support team at 1-800-656-1918 so they can look into this further for you!

I spoke to someone today at Ring and I’ve done all that stuff you said to do and still the same problem!!! NO ZOOM in and out on the LIVE side with of it

13 Likes

Hey @Chelsea_Ring I have already deleted the app from iPhone 11 Pro Max and I have done a reboot of my iPhone and reinstalled the Ring app and I sorry to say that I’m still having the same issue with the zoom in and out, I did email Ring help and I did not get any reply regarding this issue, I believe everyone is having the same issue after the new update.

8 Likes

It’s still working on Android for me. May be an iPhone app issue only.

1 Like

Hey @TSstewartPhoto! Thank you for letting me know, and I appreciate you doing those steps for me. I will pass on this information to the appropriate team to be further reviewed. If you do not hear back via email by the end of the day from support, please give my support team a call. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Hey @Chelsea_Ring Thank you for your reply and for passing the information to the appropriate team to be further reviewed.

Sorry but I don’t think calling the support team will not help with the issue we are all having on the new iOS version update, as the previous person said in the comments @prome71 they have already spoken to someone at Ring today and still having the same issues. The only way I believe to fix this issue is a new iOS app update for the Ring app.

6 Likes

Same here in Ireland

3 Likes

No you can’t after the latest ring app update the pinch to zoom feature is disabled. If it’s not fixed I am leaving the ring community and going back to traditional cctv system

5 Likes

WERE ALL HAVING THIS PROBLEM

7 Likes

Prome71. Hello from Dublin Ireland. I am having the same problem with the zoom function too. Working fine till the new app update rolled out.

5 Likes

Hey @Digger67. Thank you for letting us know. We are currently looking into this and I will let everyone here know when we have more information. I’ve passed on the information to the appropriate team and we are awaiting to hear back from them! Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

3 Likes

Same issues here. So much for a useful feature that was just taken away by an app update. Ring needs to pull that iOS update now before everyone auto updates and loses the functionality. With it being so close to the holidays it’s highly unlikely we see a fixed app published soon. Such a shame. Ring should have an opt in Beta program so the end users can test updates before they’re distributed to all users. Ugh! SMH ?‍♂️.

5 Likes

I totally agree with you so much for a useful feature that was just taken away by an app update. I’m sure I can speak for everyone who brought Ring products this fantastic feature was one of the main reasons why everybody purchased the product. And I can’t see Ring pulling this update now which is very sad, so everybody who updates to the new iOS version will loss this functionality until ring release a new update which will be after Christmas now.

Ring should definitely have an option for Beta testing so the end users can test updates before they’re distributed so we don’t have issues like this.

6 Likes

Same here… used it yesterday, now it’s gone.

Not happy.

4 Likes

Pinch to zoom does not work in live view on any of my Ring cameras, but it does work in any historical/timeline recording.

2 Likes

Same here too

2 Likes

Same issue with zoom in feature when in the live view mode. Cannot Zoom in - I have a iphone X with all the latest updates.

1 Like