Pinch to zoom on live view not working!! Use the Rapid Ring app it’s still working!!

Hey @TSstewartPhoto! Thank you for letting me know, and I appreciate you doing those steps for me. I will pass on this information to the appropriate team to be further reviewed. If you do not hear back via email by the end of the day from support, please give my support team a call. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Hey @Chelsea_Ring Thank you for your reply and for passing the information to the appropriate team to be further reviewed.

Sorry but I don’t think calling the support team will not help with the issue we are all having on the new iOS version update, as the previous person said in the comments @prome71 they have already spoken to someone at Ring today and still having the same issues. The only way I believe to fix this issue is a new iOS app update for the Ring app.

6 Likes

Same here in Ireland

3 Likes

No you can’t after the latest ring app update the pinch to zoom feature is disabled. If it’s not fixed I am leaving the ring community and going back to traditional cctv system

5 Likes

WERE ALL HAVING THIS PROBLEM

7 Likes

Prome71. Hello from Dublin Ireland. I am having the same problem with the zoom function too. Working fine till the new app update rolled out.

5 Likes

Hey @Digger67. Thank you for letting us know. We are currently looking into this and I will let everyone here know when we have more information. I’ve passed on the information to the appropriate team and we are awaiting to hear back from them! Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

3 Likes

Same issues here. So much for a useful feature that was just taken away by an app update. Ring needs to pull that iOS update now before everyone auto updates and loses the functionality. With it being so close to the holidays it’s highly unlikely we see a fixed app published soon. Such a shame. Ring should have an opt in Beta program so the end users can test updates before they’re distributed to all users. Ugh! SMH ?‍♂️.

5 Likes

I totally agree with you so much for a useful feature that was just taken away by an app update. I’m sure I can speak for everyone who brought Ring products this fantastic feature was one of the main reasons why everybody purchased the product. And I can’t see Ring pulling this update now which is very sad, so everybody who updates to the new iOS version will loss this functionality until ring release a new update which will be after Christmas now.

Ring should definitely have an option for Beta testing so the end users can test updates before they’re distributed so we don’t have issues like this.

6 Likes

Same here… used it yesterday, now it’s gone.

Not happy.

4 Likes

Pinch to zoom does not work in live view on any of my Ring cameras, but it does work in any historical/timeline recording.

2 Likes

Same here too

2 Likes

Same issue with zoom in feature when in the live view mode. Cannot Zoom in - I have a iphone X with all the latest updates.

1 Like

A good point was made on a Reddit thread about this same issue. If you need to use the pinch to zoom feature on Live View before this functionality gets restored in the latest version of the Ring app, you can always download and use the Rapid Ring app. Live View pinch to zoom still works in that app as it hasn’t been updated in 3 weeks.

6 Likes

Good to know it’s not just me:/ so very frustrating

2 Likes

Same issue here! Need an app update quickly!!!

2 Likes

Same here my wife didn’t update and hers works!

2 Likes

I’m also suffering with this same issue.
I spent 45 minutes talking to Ring who at first claimed this feature never even existed!!
After speaking with his senior technician, he came back & admitted his error & apologised & promised they would look into this. Now I discover, the ‘world & his wife’ have the same issue.
Come on Ring, please sort this in time for Christmas!!

3 Likes

Just a note. No one from Ring is on here during the weekend. They know about it and I’m sure they’re working on it. But until they fix it, you won’t be able to pinch and zoom unless you have an Android phone to use until then.

1 Like

Here’s hoping that Ring gets this fixed soon so we all can use pinch to zoom on live view again.

Just a note to everybody you don’t need a Android phone if you still need to use pinch to zoom on live view on any Apple devices the only way you can do it just now is download the Rapid Ring app from the App Store, it does not have all the functions of the original ring app.

6 Likes