People Only Mode - Doesn't recognise "Stick up battery cam"

Hi Team,

After a bunch of iOS updates for the Ring app, I eventually noticed that under “New Features”, there was a “People Only Mode for Battery Devices”.

After selecting “Select Devices”, all my Ring devices are battery based but 1 out of the 3 that I have isn’t showing up.

I can only assume it’s a bug of some sort and wanted to bring it your attention.

If there’s anything else you need, please let me know.

Thank you.

Hi @A_D_W495. Thanks for letting us know. Were you able to get the People Only Mode feature enabled on your third device by going into the device profile page? You can follow these steps in the Ring App to get it enabled: Main Menu > Devices > your Ring > Smart Alerts > People Only Mode. Let me know if that does the trick for you! :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn,

Thanks for your reply.

After following the steps, I didn’t encouter anything to do with “Smart Notifications” but upon reviewing the other 2 battery devices, I see “Smart Notifications” option with ease.

I’ve attached an image of the device in question that doesn’t have the “Smart Notifications”.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

@A_D_W495 Thank you for sharing that screenshot for me. Can you clarify which model of Stick Up Cam you have? You can find this information on the box and on the back of the device itself. I’d also recommend taking the Camera through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Let me know if the People Only Mode option appears after trying a new setup.

Hi Caitlyn,

Thank you for your reply.

I do not have the box for the item anymore and there doesn’t appear to be any model number(s) on the device itself (nor inside the battery compartment).

Looking at my online Ring account, the item in question is the “All-new Stick Up Cam Battery”. Also, as recommended, I carried out a fresh setup of said device but the “Smart Notifications” still doesn’t show up :(.

Also, when the “People Only Mode” feature was released, my other 2 devices (Video Doordell 2 & Spotlight cam, both battery operated) picked it up automatically and no re-configuration was needed.

Thank you again.

@A_D_W495 Thank you for that information and for walking through those troubleshooting steps. A reset and a new setup are pretty critical troubleshooting steps whenever something isn’t working properly. Since the option is still not appearing for you, it may be best if you reach out to our support team directly so they can take a closer look at this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn,

Thanks for the reply.

Coolio, thank you for the link. Will reach out to the team when possible.

Apprecaite the support.

1 Like