Opening Ring app generates motion event

Hi,

since yesterday I have a strange issue. Everytime I open the Ring app a motion event is being triggered while there is no motion at all. The preview on the dashboard page is also being refreshed when this occurs. I’m 100% sure it’s the app triggering this. I’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled the app (iOS), but it’s still happening. Even on iOS devices that didn’t have the app installed before.

Anyone experiencing this also?

Frank.

Hi @FrankW , when you look at your event history is this where you are seeing the Live View at the same time you open the app? The preview in the timeline view is meant to update each time you open the app to show a recent “snapshot” from your device. Also, I have moved this post to the Ring App board to help other neighbors who may find this information helpful.

Hi,

No, first I get a motion event push notification when I open the app. After a few seconds when refreshing the event list then the motion event shows up, a couple more second later, I can view the video that belongs to the motion event (the > appears at the right side of the event). It’s not a live view event. After the motion event occurs, the snapshot on the dashboard page is updated.

I’ve powercycled the Ring, but that didn’t solve it.

Frank.

Hi @FrankW,

Thank you for sharing these details. It maybe best for you to give our support team a call at (800) 656-1918 so they can take a further look into what is occurring here.