OnePlus 7 Audio

• Does this screech happen to all video or only live view? -> Any video when 2-way audio is enabled (live view, replying to rings, etc)
  • How frequently does this happen? _Any time both speaker and microphone are enabled AT THE SAME TIME. I can manage to speak with people on the doorbell by enabling one OR the other independently (toggling the mic to speak, turning it off and then speaker to hear), but anytime both mic and speaker are enabled, either screeching or silence happens (usually it’s screeching). _
  • Do you have any video examples? By chance, do you have a video example from a different device? Not from a different device, but if needed I can make one. https://ring.com/share/6742725808638857128
  • Is this on the Ring App or Rapid Ring App? In both the same thing happens.
  • Have you reached out to support for any troubleshooting? Yes, no luck. Typical reset, try this, try that. I have two other devices (OnePlus 3T and Motorola Moto G1) and no issues from those devices, 2-way audio works as intended. It was kind of a waste of time with support, honestly
  • From your experience, is the screech coming from the phone or doorbell speaker? _Definitely doorbell, no doubts. From the phone, there is no sound coming. _

Quick note, I was able to reproduce a similar issue on my phone with a completely different app.

Whenever I enable the live speaker (2 way audio on), WITHOUT the noise cancellation setting enabled, I get a horrible screech coming out of the speaker. By enabling the noise cancellation everything works as intended. Pretty confident this must be related.