Notification going off, but not recording.

The last few days my notifications are going off every couple minutes even though I have the settings for people only and no one is walking by. I tried to go to live feed and it’s just a black screen with a spinning ring. I try to check the recordings and I get a message saying recording wasn’t available at this time. There are dozens of these! WTH???

1 Like

I’m having the same issue also, all summer long. This device is terrible!!!

Same!! Just started happening yesterday 8/14/2020 – no live view - won’t show what clip is recorded on any motions. WHAT IS HAPPENING AND HOW DO WE FIX IT!!!

Sorry to hear about this neighbors! Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

As you mentioned the concern being recordings not saving, please ensure you are subscribed to a Protect Plan. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: