No low battery e-mail or notification?

We’ve had two stick-up cams and a doorbell 2 for over a year now. In the beginning, we would receive e-mails telling us the battery was low. So we knew when to charge the battery. I’ve not been receiving these emails for a while now, so I contacted customer service. They told me they’ve stopped sending these e-mails all together? The app doesn’t do low-battery-notifications either.

I’m so riddled as to why there’s no way to receive any kind of notification when your battery is low? These products aren’t cheap, the subscriptions aren’t cheap… And now there’s no way to tell when to charge the battery? This just seems ridiculous to me. I really don’t want to have to load up the app every day to see how much battery life I have left in my devices…

2 Likes

Hi @mynameslen! When your battery is lower than a certain percentage, you should receive a low battery notification. If your battery is lower than 25% and you have had a few events since reaching that level, a low battery notification should be prompted and reach the email linked to your Ring account.

Keep in mind, if your Doorbell is hardwired, or if you are a shared user, you will not receive this alert. Try checking any junk or spam folders in your email inbox to see if it is there. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Marley,

You keep giving the same incorrect answer to the “Low battery isn’t sending an warning email” question.

PLEASE READ THE QUESTION which has been submitted multiple times in the last 9 months.

I have already checked my spam folder. I have already reinstalled my app.

THERE IS A PROBLEM IN THE RING SERVERS NOT SUCCESSFULLY SENDING THE EMAILS!

This isn’t going away. And I am going to find a way to get an Internet mob to chase this down. I am also going to find a way to get an internal DevOps trouble ticket opened. And when I do, I will be explicitly mentioning you in the trouble ticket as EXTREMELY UNHELPFUL and PROBLEM AVOIDANT!

Unless of course, you take care of opening the DevOps trouble ticket and getting it handled so that it returns to working.

1 Like

Hey @chaotic3quilibrium. If you have exhausted all of the recommended troubleshooting steps provided and the steps you have taken on your own accord, we recommend reaching out to our support team for further assistance on this concern. Please note that we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum and not a direct line to support, so you will need to call in for additional help with this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

In addition, I would like to note that on top of the low battery emails, we also have low battery notifications that are now being sent out to our neighbors. This is a new feature we have slowly released to our neighbors, especially after the feedback of some neighbors stating they do not get the low battery email. You can learn more about these notifications in our Help Center Article here.

I reached out to support and was told they are no longer sending out email notifications of low battery. This is outrageous. I was told I should check the app regularly for low battery!

Same problem. Always dies because individuals in our office use their individual accounts because they have ring at home too. So no one logs in as the owner account or it screws up things at home