New screen

Any way to remove that new screen with the slide bar?
It’s just making me click again to get to the real device screen.

This screen.
Just makes me click the cog to get to the device screen with the history list.

Good question @pohlcat01! That screen is known as the Timeline feature, which gives a quick overview of recent history and Snapshots. When you first open the Ring app, you will be brought to the dashboard. Here you can select the Timeline views, History tile, or open the menu, to view recording history. Another way of accessing history from the the dashboard is to open the menu (top left), and select the “History” option. Selecting “History” will bring you to the events list page. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.
Is there anyway to disable it?
Not a fan of the dark mode or the timeline view.
Would just like to eliminate it all together. If not maybe roll back and the I can turn off auto updates??
Or an option to disable dark mode theme and make it match the rest of the app. Make the history a list, not a slider?

At this time there is not a way to disable the Timeline feature, as it is a permanent addition to the Ring app dashboard. Timeline also benefits other features such as Snapshot, giving you a place to quickly see recent activity in all forms.

There are other options for viewing history inside and outside of the app. Check out Ring.com/activity where you can view recent events in a browser interface instead. Of course, I will happily send this feedback to our team :slight_smile:

2 Likes