New device not showing up in shared devices

I have spent over 6+ hours with Ring tech support on this issue. And I went as far as sending multiple screenshots from mutile devices (iOS and Android) after many… many uninstalls… restarts and reinstalls… there was ONE guy that acknowledged the issue. But even then, nothing happened afterwards. Called back a week later, spent yet another half-hour with a lady that felt extremely dismissive only to learn that the “escalated” support ticket didn’t progress.

The support team could be more incompetent… and with their security breaches, adding two-factor authentication has made the sharing users a crucial feature. So only
If the owner account gets compromised there is a problem. Well, after months of NOTHING (literally nothing. The “case/issue” numbers have gotten me nowhere with RING), sharing tour main account is probably the ONLY workaround.

This is so crappy. I invested in quite a bit with these guys. And every time I call they just want to buy more time. Product is not getting better. And if you accept that it only works sometimes… then it’s ok.

I am looking at switching out to Nest. As soon as they get a spotlight, I am not accepting this nonsense.

4 Likes