New cameras don't show on PC app

I had a Ring Doorbell and Stickup Cam that showed up on my iPhone app and my Windows 10 PC App. I added 2 more cameras that show up on my phone but not my PC. How do I get the new cameras to show up on my PC App? THANKS - BJP

Hey @BJP123. Did you add them to the proper location, so that they show up all under the same devices in your Ring app, but not on the PC? If you see all of the devices in the Ring app and not the PC app, please try removing the PC app from your computer, rebooting your PC and then reinstalling the Ring app. Once redownloaded, log back in, and if you still don’t see the devices on the account, please take a screenshot of what your app looks like versus the PC app and share that here! :slight_smile:

Good morning. I am having the same issue. I have removed the Ring app from my Windows 10 PC. Rebooted and re-installed it. Still, my newest Ring Doorbell camera does not appear in the Windows 10 app, yet works as it should on my Android Phone app. Screenshots attached. As I can only add one upload per message. I’ll add the Windows 10 app screen shot here and then reply with the Android Phone screen shot.

Windows 10 App. Only 5 cameras.

Android Phone screenshot. All 6 cameras.

Same issue here, ios app shows my camera and chime devices, the windows app only shows my chime, not the camera. Any updates. I’ve already tried the uninstall-install, didn’t fix it. Both devices are under the same location. Please help.

Hi neighbors! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here. Can you please clarify which model of Ring Doorbell or Camera you have? You can find this information on the back of the device itself, on the original packaging, or on the Device Health screen within the Ring App.

Same issue here, using the new Ring wired. Works perfectly on iPhone but device doesn’t display in the Windows app.

Hello neighbor, thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding the Ring Windows app. The reason you are not seeing your new Video Doorbell Wired in the Windows app is because it no longer receives device or feature updates, though they will continue to receive critical security and bug updates. We suggest using Ring.com to view your devices on a desktop computer. The team here is continuously working to add features to improve your Ring.com experience. Thank you for being a great neighbor, please let us know if you have any additional questions.

1 Like

I have the same issue having just added a wired doorbell. To say you are always looking to improve and add features yet you disable an app for new products is a bit stiff! I have spent ages trying to get the doorbell to show on my windows app and only by wasting time searching do I find this reference. To say use a browser demonstrates a lack of understanding of the ability of the app. It can sit in the task bar and a simple click reveals the status of cameras and the option to view events. In browser use requires regular logins and clicks to get to essential camera access. Time consuming and requiring unnecessary effort. Why have chimes able to add to the windows app but not cameras?? A bit of a joke really.

3 Likes

I also have the same issue with a new ring camera not appearing in the Windows App. What is going on? Why is the Windows App no longer being updated? How can this possibly be justified?
Can this issue be escalated to show the disatisfaction and incredulity at this of myself and no doubt thousands of other users.

This throws into doubt the entire investment I have made into the Ring security ecosystem.

4 Likes

I have has the same problem. Ring needs to admit that the doorbell wired DOES not work with the PC App. I spent hours with tech support going through all the nonsense of uninstalling and reinstalling, and rebooting wifi, etc etc etc.

2 Likes

Hi @nogods. This post here shares the same concern. You will find the answer as to why the Doorbell Wired is not visible in the Ring app for PC. I hope this clears things up for you.

They admit it, just a dumb way to bring a new device to market.

1 Like

Does ring have plans to disable camera view on windows 10. App for first generation ring doorbell/camera?

This is the worst thing that the new Ring Doorbell Camera is not supported by the windows Ring app. What are you guys thinking. You should at least then have a windows client install option for windows10 because their is no way to answer the door bell camera via your website portal so I can’t answer the door from my computer… This is SAD

1 Like

Can some bright spark from ring treat its neighbours with some care and explain what the strategy is rather than just saying its not updated… Is ring no longer supporting the windows 10 app? or is it that resources are not currently available to work on it? if the former then what is the strategy for windows support? I hope not “just use the browser” because that lacks key facilities like staying logged on across system restarts … it also creates a security risk as having the browser logged on gives access to more capabilities than just view the cameras. If the latter then when will someone work on it?

Thanks for your consideration.

1 Like

I see all these replies that suggest Windows is only barely supported now. Unless I missed something, it’s still the most popular operating system in the world and it isn’t going anywhere. The Ring.Com thing does work, but it’s kludgy and lacks many features. Ring really needs to fully support Windows. Pretty sure Amazon can afford to pay for an app update.

2 Likes

Why even promote or have a PC app if it no longer functions? Not everyone has their cellphone available 24 / 7 or we may want the PC as a backup.

1 Like

I only received the product today so I can use with my PC as I work in my cellar so keep missing my postman and now find out it doesn’t actually work with windows even though I’d downloaded the APP ready to use - Not impressed!

I have just upgraded to Video Doorbell 4 and it is not showing on the windows app.