New App Shortcut Tiles Question

3 new app shortcut tiles have appeared within the Edit menu in addition to those originally mentioned in the links below. These new shortcuts are oustanding btw! Love being able to glance and see the status of my lock without having to scroll to see it.

Flo, Thermostat, and Garage now populate as options within the Edit menu. Garage is a nice touch and opens my MyQ app once connected, and works great!

Thermostat, although set as "Visible on Dashboard," doesn’t show or appear on the Dashboard. I’ve tried hiding it, and un-hiding it, but Thermostat won’t show. I’ve also uninstalled/reinstalled the app on my phone. My other phones also exhibit the same problems. All Android with Ring app v 3.31.0

I’m hopeful this will pair to/with Honeywell thermostats/apps but can’t get the shortcut to appear on my Dash to open it.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Device-Tips-and-How-To-s/Using-Ring-App-Shortcut-Tiles/ba-p/49168

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042475652-Managing-Your-Devices-Using-App-Shortcuts

Hi @5150Joel. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The appropriate team is currently taking a look at this, as the thermostat tile should only appear if there is a thermostat currently set up with the Ring Alarm system. The Honeywell thermostat can only be added via the Ring Alarm system. Rest assured our team is looking into fixing this loading error in the Ring App. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Caitlyn_Ring wrote:

Hi @5150Joel. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The appropriate team is currently taking a look at this, as the thermostat tile should only appear if there is a thermostat currently set up with the Ring Alarm system. The Honeywell thermostat can only be added via the Ring Alarm system. Rest assured our team is looking into fixing this loading error in the Ring App. :slight_smile:

Thank you @Caitlyn_Ring

I do actually have a Honeywell wifi thermostat (and the respective Honeywell app). Will I be able to link that shortcut to my Honeywell app the same way we can link the MyQ garage door app to Ring?

I’ve retried several times, and it doesn’t matter if I hide it, or make the thermostat visible on the Dashboard, it won’t show on the Dashboard no matter what.

Thanks for the reply!

@5150Joel Do you have a Ring Alarm System that the Honeywell thermostat is set up with? It sounds like it is set up independently in the Honeywell app itself, which is why you’re not seeing it on the Dashboard in the Ring App. I don’t have any news to share on any future integrations with Honeywell, but you can always keep an eye out on our News and Announcements board to see what’s new. :slight_smile:

@Caitlyn_Ring wrote:

@5150Joel Do you have a Ring Alarm System that the Honeywell thermostat is set up with? It sounds like it is set up independently in the Honeywell app itself, which is why you’re not seeing it on the Dashboard in the Ring App. I don’t have any news to share on any future integrations with Honeywell, but you can always keep an eye out on our News and Announcements board to see what’s new. :slight_smile:

@Caitlyn_Ring this is more/less what I’m asking. I do have the Ring alarm system. I’m not aware of a specific model Honeywell thermostat that is said to work with Ring. My thermostat is setup and working in the Honeywell app fine. I attempted to add a device to my Ring App and alarm. I see the options for MyQ and Flo, but nothing for thermostat.

I’m asking what the new Ring Thermostat tile works or integrates with, and saying the shortcut tile in the app doesn’t work. In my attached screenshot, you’ll see it should appear on the Ring Dashboard within the app, but does not despite being ‘visible on Dashboard.’ I don’t have a Flo Smart Water valve, but could still add the shortcut tile to the Dashboard if I wanted to. It would just be grayed out since nothing is setup. In contrast, the Thermostat tile will not add at all, to be set up in the first place.

How would you setup a thermostat, Honeywell or otherwise, to integrate with the Ring app’s Thermostat tile? Again, the first hurdle is addressing the shortcut tile that doesn’t work, or add to the Dashboard.

Thanks again

@5150Joel Thanks for clarifying your question further. I double-checked this information with my team and the Honeywell (aka Resideo) T6 Z-Wave thermostat is the one that will work only with the Ring Alarm system. It can be added via the “Works With Ring” option in the “Security Devices” section of Set Up A Device. The thermostat tile should only appear if there is a thermostat added to the Ring Alarm, and our team is looking into this appearing in the Ring App when it’s not supposed to.

If you have this model of Honeywell thermostat and you’re not able to add it in the Ring App, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look and help you get it up and running. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

@Caitlyn_Ring wrote:

@5150Joel Thanks for clarifying your question further. I double-checked this information with my team and the Honeywell (aka Resideo) T6 Z-Wave thermostat is the one that will work only with the Ring Alarm system. It can be added via the “Works With Ring” option in the “Security Devices” section of Set Up A Device. The thermostat tile should only appear if there is a thermostat added to the Ring Alarm, and our team is looking into this appearing in the Ring App when it’s not supposed to.

If you have this model of Honeywell thermostat and you’re not able to add it in the Ring App, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look and help you get it up and running. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

@Caitlyn_Ring thank you again. This all makes perfect sense now. Given what you describe, I’m not sure now there’s a problem with the app then. It makes sense I can see the Thermostat tile as an option under Edit, but not actually have it appear on the Dashboard since I don’t have one added to my alarm. I was just sort of hoping the tile could link to my Honeywell app, as the Garage tile links to and opens the MyQ app. Oh well.

I do not have that model, and instead a wifi based model Honeywell. It looks like you lose signifcant functinality when adding this model to any Z Wave network (such as the ability to program 4 schedules per day, 7 days a week), Ring or otherwise so I’ll still with my wifi model.

Thanks again for the info!

4 Likes