Neighbors in Canada

I just received an update for the app and now there’s a placeholder for Neighbors at the top of the main page, but nothing shows up on the following screen. Is Neighbors being launched in Canada?

2 Likes

Hi @rickytenzer! At this time we currently do not have Neighbors launched in Canada, however we will make sure to post an update when it is available.

I wanted to say thank you on behalf of the Community team. Your post helped us see the importance of including a special App related board here. You may notice we moved this post into it, making it the first App related post!

Thank you for being a great neighbor!

1 Like

Riley,

Thanks. So why is it that I see Neighbors today when I didn’t see it before? See attached screenshot.

Thanks

Hi @rickytenzer, this is curious and most likely should not be showing up if you are in Canada. However, it does depend on some settings and where you set up the app. If you give our support line a call they would be able to take a further look into this and open a support ticket for you. They are available 24/7 at (800) 656-1918. Thank you for sharing!

I too am patiently awaiting Ring Neighbors to be released within Canada. Is there an expected timeline yet (months, year… years)?

2 Likes

We do not have an ETA on when Neighbors will be available in the US. However, we will certainly keep you updated!

2 Likes

Have their been any updates as to if or when Neighbors will be available in Canada?

2 Likes

Hey @achrisz. I’ve just followed up with the appropriate team that works on this and they have said it is still to be determined and there is not a release date at this time. We will continue to update our neighbors when new updates become available and appreciate your patience in the meantime. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

I would also be interested in Neighb(o)urs in Canada. Thanks.

For anyone in Canada, I would not hold my breath.
I am very skeptical that we will ever get “Neighbors” here in Canada.

About a year and a half ago, I received a couple of alerts from “Neighbors” for my area in Canada.
They disappeared almost as quickly as I received them.
I contacted Ring and was advised that I received the alerts in error, and that the “Neighbors” features were not available in Canada.
When I advised them that I had received alerts for my area in Canada, I was then told that “Neighbors” in Canada was in “Beta” and that was why I may have received the alerts in error.

Ring’s reputation for being forthright and transparent is not good at all.
They promise things like HomeKit support for years and never deliver nor provide any updates on why there is a delay or anything else about HomeKit as a matter of fact, other than saying for years that HomeKit support is coming.

As soon as we can replace our Ring products, we will switching to other cameras as Ring promise so many things and never deliver.