Neighbors app’s comments no longer showing

As of now (June 10, 2020 1:44pm), Ring app is not showing any comments posted in the Neighbors app.

3 Likes

App is a joke. They dont care.
Its about as useful as the door bell that has full service but always says weak connection. The company fell off the wagon. Hard.

2 Likes

cool, i thought it was just me haha

1 Like

I was wondering what was up. I also tried to comment, and it would not post

1 Like

That is so true. It amazed me that a super tall cargo van can just magically appeared in front of my house.

Hey neighbors! We were experiencing this problem with comments not displaying in the Neighbors section of the app and the Neighbors app itself, but this has since been resolved. Could you please check your app(s) and let me know if you’re still seeing this concern? Thank you, neighbors! :slight_smile:

I still can’t see comments on my ring doorbell

Please help. I can see my neighbor’s posts, and it will clearly say that there are XX number of replies/comments to the original post, but when i click to read them, nothing is there. This has been for at least a month now.

Thank you,

Becky Contreras

Hey neighbors! If you’re still having this problem, please try to remove the Ring and/or Neighbors app from your phone, reboot your phone (turn it off/on) and then reinstall the Ring app. From there, try to view any comments and ensure you can view the replies in the Neighbor’s section! In the event you still cannot see them, please let me know what phone you’re running the app on, what the OS version is for your phone, and what app version you are running the app on. Lastly, a screen recording or multiple screenshots to show this can help showcase that this is still happening for you so we can look into this further.

When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.

1 Like

Yes, this worked for me. Thank you for running this down.

1 Like

The freestanding app doesn’t load to see posts nor can I see the neighbors feature from the main ring app.

I can’t even see posts. Daughter can see them via notifications but if she tries to access thru neighbors tab, those same posts are nowhere to be found.

Hi @JohnsonFam. If the marked solution for this post didn’t fix this concern for you, I would recommend reaching out to our support team. They will be able to look into your account and determine what actions need to happen next. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I am having the same problem with posts not loading. I have followed all of the directions and it still doesn’t work. This is very frustrating. Can anyone help?

Hi neighbors. If you’re unable to view posts or comments in the Neighbors app, please try the following:

• Update your Ring app and your phone’s operating software to the latest versions available.
  • Try using the standalone Neighbors app if you haven’t done so already to see if the issue persists across both apps.
  • If you have a VPN on your phone, turn it off or disable Ring traffic, as the Ring app is not compatible with the use of a VPN.

Lastly, it’s also important to make sure your phone has a strong internet connection either from wifi or from mobile data. If this continues to happen, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.