Neighbors App has wrong address

I have had the same problem since June of 2018. I have tried to get help from Ring and Neighbors several times. It’s pretty sad that their tech support hasn’t been able to solve the issue after a year and a half. I work in IT. If I had a ticket/issue unresolved for that long, I wouldn’t have a job. We paid for the device/service and we can’t even use it the way it is designed to be used. Time to go back to the drawing board Ring/Neighbors. It would be nice if you refunded our money and/or replaced the devices.

4 Likes

Do you think it is the device? Or the Neighborhood Program itself?

2 Likes

By chance is there an update in this issue? I have uninstalled and reinstalled device and still the problem continues to be there. Would like to know what to do or if an update was made to this issue?

1 Like

I have the app on an Android device.

1 Like

I also have this same issue. I cant get the knuckleheads to give me a resolution on the issue. Hopefully you will get an answer to this issue.

2 Likes

Exact same issue with my neighbors app. The correct address is in Ring, but when I look at local incidents within Ring it shows an address about 5 miles away that I’ve never heard of. I spent a lot of time on the phone with support without any fix. I’ve uninstalled the Ring app and tried a few other suggestions. Last time I was on hold waiting for tech support to come up with a new fix, I was simply disconnected and sent a thank you email suggesting I turn on 2FA (which was already active). I’m surprised tech support hasn’t suggested that I go buy the house shown in neighbors app and move there as a fix; seems like we’ve tried every other conceivable idea. Surely this is more widespread than tech support indicates.

5 Likes

Add me to list for this one. This is clearly a bug within the application and re-installing the app or jumping through all of the other suggested hoops by Ring is a waste of time and nothing will be corrected. In my case it appears it looks at the city listed in my address and simply places my “home” right in the middle of that city on a map rather than my physical address. This puts the info being provided to me several miles away from where my actual neighboorhood is, so esentially useless

2 Likes

I have the issue, rather my wife does. I changed everything one my apps. We moved in September 2019. The neighborhood area one mine, I was able to change, on hers, just like everyone else, it is stuck on our old address. Since she isn’t the primary, it doesn’t allow her to change it; there is no option to do so.

3 Likes

I had the same problem but I fixed it the following way:

Go to Settings in the Ring app
Click on Change Address

Correct any part of the address that is incorrect, in my case it showed me in a different state

Click on Continue

Now uninstall the account, then reinstall it. Hopefully when you go back to Settings/Neighbors Settings, you should see your correct address. It worked for me!

I’ve tried that and it didn’t work for me. In my case, it has something to do with the house not being the only location I have a ring account for. The first location works normally.

1 Like

tried it. didn’t work.

1 Like

Completed the steps suggested by Syro11 and still no change. I have attached a picture with possibly why the address is not correct. From Home Screen select 3 dashes in upper left corner and select Settings. I Settings select Change Address. Select Street Address 1. Here when I type in MY ADDRESS it does not display my address. Those of you that have same issue, does your address come up or do you have to select the option at the bottom to Enter Manually? I suspect that this may be why we are having this issue. Please share if this is the case with yours.

1 Like

Same issue. None of fixes in this thread worked for me.

1 Like

Not exactly sure. If I had to guess, I would think it is a little of both. The Ring app is not handing over the proper information to the Neighbors app. My location in Ring is right. My address is set up properly in Neighbors yet the location address is miles away. Not the same street, not the number, not the same part of town. Rediculious! I’ve tried all the suggestions from other people as well as hours on the phone/computer with tech support. I think a class action suit would get them moving.

2 Likes

I have had this issue since day 1. So from June 2018, until now, January 2020. Still no help. I want a refund or a new device. I wont subscribe to any services or add any other devices until this is fixed. I want to buy 3 more devices and subscribe. Not now lol

2 Likes

@Marley_Ring where did you go? We are still having the same issues.
I wish I bought a nest instead.

having the same problem with my ring system it shows i am like 3 miles out from where i am at i called up ring he just told me to open your alert circle where your house is located where you could get the alerts this is not a fix someone needs to address this he also told me that everything gets the the address from google maps i opened google maps recently like 2 mins ago and i checked my house is in the system someone needs to fix this problem!

yes this was done when I have recently talked to your support i even did a rest on my phone and uninstalled the app and did a new setup still gets the wrong address!

I was with tech suppport on the same issue and not getting any help… Ring Team you need to fix this please!!!

2 Likes

I had to create a different account through the neighbors app. Only then could I see my community. It’s telling me through the rings app under the neighbors tab that my doorbell is associated to an address 2 miles away. So either these doorbells are refurbished and not deleted from that persons account, or the community maintenance team is just saving money where they can since these things are so flawed, or Amazons IT team is just sitting on it. Either way best work around I got was a whole different account…

1 Like