Neighbor posts being removed

Wow…you consider talking to someone, preferably not at the other end of the internet. like dude, it’s a forum discussing ring cameras, really ? Huge difference between political correctness and bad manners.

1 Like

Wow, like dude, like, chill! You need to, like, zone out & try reading comprehension training, so, like, you realize that this specific forum thread was, like, RING 'Neighbors’ forum moderator practices (not just Ring cameras), like, banning the people’s speech but, and, like, as I said before, on my previous comment, my commenting was over, and, like, obviously, you missed it, but, dude, I won’t blame it on your focus, 'cuz, that would be bad manners…

Dude, it’s over. It’s cool, see ya at the Bernie rally!

Hi neighbors! The Ring Community is a peer-to-peer forum offering guidance and positive, constructive interaction for all neighbors. We want to maintain a positive Community experience for all neighbors who wish to share feedback, feature requests, or even seek assistance.

If you are having concerns specific to the Neighbors by Ring app, you are able to flag comments or posts you deem as inappropriate, or are not following Ring Neighbors Community Guidelines. Once flagged, the comment or post will disappear from your local feed and will be sent to the Neighbors moderation team for a secondary review. If you feel this is not the case, we can certainly share that feedback with the appropriate team.

In the meantime, please review our Community Guidelines to ensure we are making the Community the best it can be for all neighbors.

Marley, does that mean posts are not removed unless they are flagged by someone first?

1 Like

@SonnyBoy we have active moderators monitoring the Community and removing posts / neighbors who do not abide by the Community Guidelines.

Also, taking a look at this post it appears that some of the neighbors are confused between the Ring Community (this site, community.ring.com) which is a place where neighbors can ask questions and discuss all Ring products vs Ring Neighbors, the place to share, discuss and raise awareness about crime and safety-related activity in your community.

When talking in the Community, please refer to these Guidelines.

When talking about Neighbors, please refer to these help articles that go into more details about posting and moderating in the Community:

Same thing happen to me. Seems like a worthless system.

1 Like

It appears that dogs walking in front of camera are a threat but not an potential intruder testing the perimeter of our house.

4 Likes

I am having the same issue

3 Likes

Hi @Jer88788. The Ring Community is a peer-to-peer forum offering guidance and positive, constructive interaction for all neighbors. We want to maintain a positive Community experience for all neighbors who wish to share feedback, feature requests, or even seek assistance.

If you are having concerns specific to the Neighbors by Ring app, you are able to flag comments or posts you deem as inappropriate, or are not following Ring Neighbors Community Guidelines. Once flagged, the comment or post will disappear from your local feed and will be sent to the Neighbors moderation team for a secondary review. The Neighbors app also features various alert types in which a shared event should match the criteria of. This will ensure for accurate and priority events to be seen around the neighborhood.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we will of course share these experiences with the team. In the meantime, please review our Community Guidelines to ensure we are making the Community the best it can be for all neighbors.

It is not an attack on free speech if you agree to it. Just like it is not an attack on your civil liberties to go to arbitration instead of court when you sign up for your cell phone. If you don’t like it, don’t use it: the government is not requiring you to do it.

What would be different about going back to the 70s when privacy rights activists wanted to get away from all radio and telephonic communication?

I would believe you if this wasn’t the kind of BS that commenters make completely, serially, and in gross quantities unimpeded.

I’m going to call BS on this or, otherwise, demand better (any) training. I specifically know that several people have been reporting specific commenters in my area who are trying to convince every one that every, single post is useless because it either/ or: 1) Occurred in the minutes leading up to the post and no immediate arrest was made; 2) Gunshots are a frequent occurrence in our area; 3) Gunshots didn’t hit anyone so no hard-on foul; 4) It has to be fireworks if no one personally sat there and watched the gunshots take place (even when slugs and/or shells are collected from the scene by police); 5) People twisting knobs didn’t get in so “Who cares?”; 6) More people are killed by car accidents than gunshots; 7) It’s the fault of the OP for getting their car tossed for leaving their car unlocked; 8) It’s the fault of the OP for getting their window broken because they locked the doors; 9) It couldn’t have happened because there’s no video (despite the fact you don’t have to have a Ring to use Neighbors and the lovely connection problems somehow prevent being able to access Ring a significant portion of the time); and (my personal favorite) 10) It’s the middle of the night, call someone who cares–as if people can control when crime is happening.

The absolutely erratic enforcement of the standards that are more a comparison of relative struggle with the moderators’ beliefs is burning out people who are posting about their cars being broken into (which repeat naysayers keep assuring all us must be fake because the police department didn’t catch anyone); their cars stolen (which must be fake because the cars were never recovered); people stealing their mail (which must be fake because OP should have bought a locking mailbox and people illegally put things in mailboxes all the time); gunshots (which must be fake because no one was hospitalized)… I could go on FOR DAYS about the negative comments that don’t get taken down despite calling people names and self-depitizing as sole authorities despite legitimate posts that get later taken down either because the OPs are sick of getting harangued by naysayers or the naysayers report the posts as illegitimate with exactly ZERO proof. We had one where a woman posted actual video of a drive-by shooting and people rained shat on her for a week because even though she called the cops, no arrest was made and no one got hurt.

This app has just become a way for criminals to police concern, gaslight victims, and figure put where to strike next. I won’t be paying for Ring in the future. I can get victimized for free without having to listen to people in my neighbors getting abused or being abused myself. Anyone and everyone who has asked me about whether or not Ring is a worthwhile service has gotten to read through the comments through my phone and they genuinely get burnt out before they buy.

2 Likes

Why can’t people who are being flagged by several people over several posts over a long period of time either be forced to take a break or banned from the service? How is this STILL not an enforcement mechanism?

1 Like

Hi @imouse1. As mentioned previously in this thread, reporting or flagging a post will reach our Neighbors moderation team, who can then take necessary action. For repeat concerns, or users in your area who frequently act outside of the Neighbors Community Guidelines, you can reach out to the team at communityalerts@ring.com to provide more details to our team. Thank you!

I keep getting my post deleted as well about an individual whom keeps scoping out my territory for loose object.
Let’s be real here and “let’s call a spade a spade”.
Give me one good reason why my post are being removed? And I want a “clear and concise answer”. Not some jumbled up jargon that explains “nothing”.

I’m in need of 3 more devices. So either “STOP removing my post” or I’m tossing your overpriced Ring product in the garbage and getting 100% of my annual membership refunded!

3 Likes

As it’s been stated before. You need to reach out to the team responsible for it.
communityalerts@ring.com. That email will get you directly in touch with our moderation team for the Neighbor’s app, and please know that it may take 48-72 hours before receiving a response.

1 Like

I thought I was the only one going through this. It is so frustrating. I’ve tried using all other categories, I am not trolling or using personal information. And my posts are still being deleted. In fact this morning I saw a post of something identical I’ve been trying to post since Thursday and their post was accepted. I tried reposting mine with the exact same category, title and description and what do you know… DELETED again. I’ve replied to the email they sent about why my post was deleted and as of now no reply. I really hope this gets looked into better. I paid a annual fee for this company if not I will also be asking for a full refund and not renewing at all.

You are able to flag comments or posts you deem as inappropriate, or are not following our Community Guidelines. Once flagged, the comment or post should eventually disappear from your local feed after being sent to our moderation team for review and being deemed inappropriate. In addition, if you see this repeat behavior, you can reach out communityalerts@ring.com. That email will get you directly in touch with our moderation team for the Neighbor’s app, and please know that it may take 48-72 hours before receiving a response.

2 Likes