Navigation in devices section not working for Android app

If you navigate to Devices, and then select a device for instance a camera, the app takes you to the specific device page correctly. If you try to use the back arrow in the top left hand corner, nothing happens, effectively locking you into the page. Could this be fixed please.

2 Likes

Hi @Pacman1970. For a concern like this, I’d suggest uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App to ensure everything is fully up-to-date. You’ll also want to make sure your phone’s OS is updated as well.

If this concern persists after trying that step, please share a screen recording of the behavior so I can have a better idea of what you’re experiencing. When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply.

It’s true on my Android phones. Back arrow won’t work after you’re in a device. You must use the phones back arrow.
Here’s a video I made for notifications but it also shows the back arrow doesn’t work.
https://youtu.be/7kW23MgjKiY

2 Likes

I’ve also uninstalled the app. Rebooted phone. Reinstalled. 2 different Android phones both on Android 10. Fully updated.

1 Like

Done the uninstall, reboot, thing still the navigation doesn’t work for devices. It stopped working after the last Ring app update from the Google Play app store which was 4 days ago.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! Thanks for letting me know what steps you all have tried and what the results were. I forwarded this information to the appropriate team to review so that it can be corrected in a future Ring App update. In the meantime, you can continue to use the Android back arrow itself to get around this.

Ditto on the back arrow issue with my Android.

Initially I thought it was just on my phone.

I even did the Ring App uninstall/reinstall process to no avail either.

@Pacman1970 wrote:
If you navigate to Devices, and then select a device for instance a camera, the app takes you to the specific device page correctly. If you try to use the back arrow in the top left hand corner, nothing happens, effectively locking you into the page. Could this be fixed please.

@Pacman1970 and Eagle328 ,

Today, I just noticed new changes to my Android Ring phone app. The Dashboard has New Shortcuts and I found that the Back-Arrow in the top left-hand corner now works too! I guess an update got pushed to my phone that both fixed the Back-Arrow in addition to adding these shortcuts. Check if your Back-Arrow now works too.

@Pacman1970 , Apparently Ring heard you, and if your arrow now works, you probably should mark this as “Solved.”

I really like the new additions to the Shortcuts too. In addition to the “Neighbors” and “History”, there are new shortcuts of “Alarm”, “Chimes”, “Lights”, “Locks”, and “Edit.”

By tapping “Edit”, I can grab a listed shortcut (by holding the right-hand “=”) and slide up or down to rearrange the display order of the shortcuts on the Dashboard. Or I can slide a shortcut down off the “Visible Shortcuts” list down to the “Hidden Shortcuts” area (to hide shortcuts I don’t want on my Dashboard).

@Caitlyn_Ring

Please pass along “Thank You” to the Ring Team that fixed the back-arrow issue! And tell them I think the new Shortcuts are cool too! :slight_smile:

My wife’s iPhone still only has the two Shortcuts of “Neighbors” and “History.”

Yayyyy, Android is first and Android Rules! LOL

1 Like