Multiple Notifications for the Same Event

That’s the same with me! I get the multiple alerts on my Apple Watch. All the software is up to date. When I turned off rich notifications it immediately started functioning correctly.

1 Like

How do you turn off Rich Notiifications in iOS 14.1? I don’t see anything in settings and am not finding anything in any Google searches. This issue is driving me nuts.

2 Likes

@duslider you turn off rich notifications in the ring app. You go to the device and then settings. Then you select smart alerts and that’s where rich notifications is located.

ahh, thanks. It wasn’t computing in my brain this was a Ring feature. Now, if only you could turn off regular notifications and keep the rich ones instead.

4 Likes

I have this same issue, just seemed to start happenin the last few days which is when I updated my iphone to iOS 14.2 so i assume that has somethign to do with it.

I do not an have not ever had rich Notifications enaled. I’ve power cycled all devices, cameras, and phone with no change in behavior.

The app itself has become pretty unresponsve. Moving through the settings menus for each device is taking a while. When I do get a notification I cannot open it anylonger from the lock screen. It always takes me there and says still processing. If I then swap to live it takes 30-60 seconds to open it.

I am getting quad notifications on motion all at the same time on my lock screen, in the app theres only a single one.

This makes these un usable. Please fix either by working with Apple or whatever, but something needs to be updated on your app to work on the most popular phone platform in the world.

Fix it. It’s your app thats broken.

4 Likes

Exact same issue for me too and it started happening very recently, so I imagine it had to do with iOS 14.2.1.

This is incredibly frustrating and has made the Ring app virtually useless to me because of all the spam.

The worst part is having this occur all while having an apple watch… the notifications all trigger simultaneously so my write vibrates for 10 seconds straight and I can’t even scroll down on the post to snooze motion!

Just wanted to get added to the list of aggravated users and Hopefully get a fix for this. I thought that perhaps changing the “frequency” setting to low would help, but no. Two chiming notifications on my iphone every. single. motion event. Was out of town for Thanksgiving and nearly lost my mind I was getting notified so much.

I was going to add my name to the list of people with this issue, and I was going to try to do a screen recording on my phone while triggering the motion detector, but in the process I was reminded that the Ring app crashes on me 75% of the time, I can’t currently recreate this problem on my back door because that Ring’s battery has completely drained and the drive portion of the security screw is stripped such that we can’t remove it to charge, so I went to record this issue happening on my front door, but the ONE time I was recording, it didn’t do it (even though every OTHER time I get three duplicate notifications for every event)

I give TF up. We’re buying new hardware from a different company and canceling Ring. I’m sorry but y’all been on a decline for a while and seeing all these people with the same issue going back months–I’m out.

1 Like

I have the same issue with getting 2-3 notifications for every event. I have deleted and re-set up the device from the app, deleted and re-installed the app itself, power cycled the device, etc. My next solution is to disable the doorbell and go with a different video camera device provider. :neutral_face:

Attached are screenshots from yesterday at 4:09, 3 notificatoins, And a 4 minutes ago, 3 notifications. In 2 days I have about 75 notifications. This is killing my phone battery…

Someone further down posted the solution; sorry I forgot the name. If you have Rich notifications turned on you see a tiny actual image of what the camera sees in the notification. So you get the regular notification and the Rich notification. If you turn off Rich notifications you will only get one. You won’t get the little image of what’s happening. This has solved it for me, but I was only getting two notifications for each event.

Yes - I am also having this issue - multiple rich notifications for the same event on my Apple Watch. I presume that Ring know about this issue and will be fixing soon?

Unfortunately, I think I’m doing the same after it just cost me $30 for the year as a well. All I hear is the same excuses and getting no where. You have tried to make this piece of equipment do more than its capable of I think… In the beginning it was simple, but worked!

1 Like

Hi David. Yes they are used to really work good until this fancy notification thing was I had it and it seem to screw things up. If you turn off the new notifications it looks like everything works the way it should. I believe it was the enhanced notification option that caused it. Just make sure it’s turned off on all your devices. And by the way this is W4JJK. 73’s. QRT…

Do you mean Advanced notifications ? Over “enhanced”? 73 Dave

Well, I got the video you wanted. I’ll try to post the video separately so that it stays…but this should be good for the rest of 2020.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Left my phone inside with the screen locked

2. Trigger the motion sense on my ring stick-up cam wired (new version just bought, did the same on my old battery-powered one)

3. Once I felt the haptics on my watch, I started recording video on a different phone of the watch

4. Stopped recording with the last popup. Just after this, the screen went black.

https://www.icloud.com/attachment/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcvws.icloud-content.com%2FB%2FATRmKo5cuvXV3A1GnXtsoFwoS2QZAVM__mJ1cBsrATI5OIkPBMirWNuk%2F%24%7Bf%7D%3Fo%3DApGKarvEw1mRnf0xEDIuQUwVRIntl9kHKJqRdKCjpwKY%26v%3D1%26x%3D3%26a%3DCAogZveCLTTQKo2ppEhbc_CWOMJyfEwIisvv1TAAaqMuNOoSdxCiqLfH4y4Yoriym-0uIgEAKggByAD_LsADGVIEKEtkGVoEq1jbpGom3T2G12aIPj_5r4Gf9zuoGibxTeU9LnzCS59OGcF9jUcCh0RxVmhyJlyyhyButrULM5eC8jRI4vAE4cjfl1S1QCrPeVuRKa2hbPZDG8sL%26e%3D1609864879%26fl%3D%26r%3D3678DB20-BBC0-436F-B65D-86209C92C110-1%26k%3D%24%7Buk%7D%26ckc%3Dcom.apple.largeattachment%26ckz%3D3309FA25-83D8-4A0C-B5E3-AE9558E1DBCB%26p%3D35%26s%3DgHC2dQdoEoLTcactY9yZARDceqY&uk=DGJRbO6msDCpUR4W62FKzg&f=IMG_3677.MOV&sz=28113723

5 Likes

Sorry. It should’ve said Rich notifications and that is located under the button on the screen that says Smart alerts. Turn off the rich notifications.

Another user here frustrated with the multiple notification alerts.

I’m going to shut off rich notifications and see if that helps.

Oops forgot to hit the email me when someone responds button.

Hopefully there is a fix for this soon. Seems like a nice feature to have (rich notification), if it actually functioned properly.

Turning off the Rich Notifications is not really a solution to the problem. The Rich Notifications are actually useful and a good new feature, it is just that they are being sent multiple times for each event. I spoke to the Customer Services team and they are well aware of the issue and working to fix it.

3 Likes

Oh I agree Richard. I’m thinking of a short term solution to the annoyance… until Ring figures this out.