Multiple Notifications for the Same Event

Hey neighbors! Could you try some of the troubleshooting steps I have recommended to the OP in my previous post? If the troubleshooting that you do with the Ring devices does not work, please share a screen recording or screenshot of the multiple notifications for one event. In addition, you can always take a video recording of multiple notification coming through on one phone to show what this looks like. Please note that if you have Motion Alerts turned on for a device on an app, the app will get the notification, and this is on by default. Therefore, if you’re downloaded the Ring app on multiple phones, you will have the alert come through on all of these device if you have not turned off Motion Alerts for that specific device.

When attaching this video for us to pass onto the appropriate teams, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply.

I’ve been having the same problem with my Ring Doorbell. All our iOS devices (2x phones) and 3x Alexa devices notify us multiple times for the same motion events. I don’t have any screenshots right now, but on iOS multiple “motion” events will show up on the lock screen, but within the app there is only a single notification. Sometimes I’ll get 5 or 6 duplicated notifications at a time on a single device.

I have power cycled my doorbell (even factory reset it), connected it to a new wifi network and re-installed the apps on every single device which receives the notifications and the problem still persists.

Attached are screenshots of the issue. The motion alerts coincide with the answered ring at 6:08pm.

My Alexa devices also announced 3 times there was motion at the front door.

Hey @GL3 and other neighbors! I’ve passed on this information and additional feedback to the appropriate teams as they are currently looking into this matter. I will make sure to let you know here once we have more information and a resolution for this concern. Thank you for your patience in the meantime! If you’re in need of immediate assistance, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I have the same problem. Have hard reset the doorbell and deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone. I get multiple motion alerts for one event on my phone and on my alexa devices. Posting a comment in hopes that the resolution gets to me once it is found.

Same issue here. Incredibly annoying since my phone gets about 5 notifications in a row then all of my Alexa devices will announce it at the same time even though there’s only one event for it in my history.

Also, it seems that my doorbells are ignoring their mode settings. I have it set to not give notifications if the system is disarmed, but I am still getting (the 5 duplicate) notifications.

Hi I am also having exactly the same problem. I have hard reset the doorbell and reinstalled the App. Still getting 3 notifications for one event in immediate succession. Has anyone got this solved. iPhone 11 on latest software.

I am having the exact same problem, and removing, reloading and reregistering the app on my phone as suggested had no effect. i have tried all the steps listed here, my screenshots will look identical to others that have been posted, and yet where it shows as a “SOLUTION”, there is merely an acknowledgment of the issue with a promise to get back to the users. Please add me to this list, because I need a resolution to this issuetoo. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m getting between two and six notifications for every event. Nevermind that something changed recently and despite making every adjustment I can the doorbell is detecting every car that drives by. For example, I had 30 motion events yesterday and a dozen so far today. Considering I’m getting so many notifications for each event, I’m getting pretty close to trashing my Ring and buying another solution.

I’m having the same issue with my iPhone and Alexa devices. Usually 3 alerts in a row, sometimes up to 6. When trying to view the camera via my Alexa screen, the notifications of the same event interrupt and it’s defeating the whole purpose. Additionally, I have on a few occasions tried to disable alerts, for example when my neighbor was moving so not to get 5billion notifications but it didn’t work, I just had to remove the battery. App is updated and have reset the device. This issue has not been solved and shouldn’t be marked as such.

This is really annoying and disruptive. As a software developer, I would have this fixed in less than the 3 months since it’s been reported, even with COVID. Please make an effort to prioritize it higher.

2 Likes

Hi,

This is not a solution. I also get multiple notifications and tried to reinstall the app, delete the video doorbell 2 inside the app, restart the iphone and also restart video doorbell.

Maybe someone can give a solution

I came here with the same problems as the other people: 3 notifications for every event. It’s been 3 months since the “solution” was posted. Do you have any follow up? Will you please let us know how to resolve this issue? Thank you!

Here is the most recent screenshot from a few minutes ago

I did a firmware update on my doorbell and having this same issue. Up to 12 notifications from one event! Please let me know when there is a solution.

Same issue. Two notifications for every single event. Is no one really able to fix this considering it’s happening so often for so many users?

2 Likes

Hi neighbors. If removing and reinstalling the Ring app doesn’t seem to correct this, then I’d suggest reaching out to our support team. They’ll be able to investigate and track this so we can come to a resolution. You can contact our support team using the link previously mentioned in this thread.

How many complaints do you need with the same issue? You keep giving the same answer but no solution for the issue.

3 Likes

Add one more to the list. I am also getting multiple alerts on every alarm that goes off on all five of my cameras and it’s getting to be a real pain in the tail end. There needs to be a fix for this and the software ASAP. This is getting to be really ridiculous. It looks like it has been going on for sometime I would assume some developer has got to have some kind of wits about fixing this. Please rush it is getting monotonous.

How about you not mark this as “solved”! Since it is not!

3 Likes