Motion recording time

I have 3 Rings Doorbell 2 installed and was looking to see if there was a way to increase the reocrding time in the App so I can capture all the motion happening? I have seen tha tthe app will cut off recording eventhough there is still motion happening within the area set to capture this motion.

Thanks.

At this time, standard recording time for battery devices is 30 seconds and 60 seconds for powered devices. However, if you answer the notification the max. recording time is 10 minutes. The team certainly hears your feedback and I’ll be sure to update you with any new features in the future! Thanks :slight_smile:

Please pass this along to the team. Users would like to control the recording time. I understand battery powered cams are 30 seconds to save battery life, but a lot of the time 30 seconds is not enough to catch suspicious activity. I have multiple batteries and I have no problem swapping them out more just so I can record longer videos. Other brands of cameras allow you to do it. Why cant Ring?

3 Likes

Why is ring so concerned on saving our battery? I would rather have the ability to control the length of video recording time. I just recharge my battery when it runs down. Not a big deal. I don’t get it. I’m very disappointed in this product and I hope they fix this soon.

3 Likes

Wholly agree. And if the battery runs low, having a second charged battery to swap is also an option (that is what I do).

@NorthernRing wrote:
Why is ring so concerned on saving our battery? I would rather have the ability to control the length of video recording time. I just recharge my battery when it runs down. Not a big deal. I don’t get it. I’m very disappointed in this product and I hope they fix this soon.