Modes changing automatically

Hello,

Has anyone had the issue of the ring mode getting changed from Away to Home automatically? It’s happened a few times and it’s random. I get an alert that the mode changed from away to home by app. The other weird thing is that it shows home on one device and still shows away on another. Maybe this is supposed to happen or something?

Hi @Ymnhefty. The Ring Alarm system should not be changing Modes on it’s own. The next time you suspect it does this, I would check the history on your Ring app. This will let you know what happened and who changed the Mode status. Often times, this is done by an accidental button push when closing the Ring app. If this doesn’t appear to be this case, I would reach out to our support team to see what is actually happening. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

The history doesn’t show a change to the modes on any device. Is there somewhere else to find that info?

we had the same issue this morning but when i look in the history it shows my wifes phone changed it. she didnt. we are assuming someone hacked her account. i guess theres no mfa from new devices although i got one joining this forum.

Hey neighbors. To see what devices are currently authorized for use on your Ring account, look at the Control Center in the Ring app. If you need more help investigating this issue, please contact our support team. Their information can be found in my previous post.

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for that info. I had some old devices in the list, but I recognized them, so I’m not sure. I removed all devices from that list and added just my couple of devices back as well as changing my Ring password. Hopefully, this fixes that problem.

1 Like

My ring doorbell pro (hardwired) keeps changing modes from home to away by itself without me opening the app, opening any doors/windows or anything? I just bought the entire Ring alarm system to add to my Ring doorbell pro/(hardwired)floodlight pro and I am afraid to install the alarm system because of this. Can someone please explain why this keeps happening?

Hi @user60230. As stated in the solution, if you have verified that no one else is logged into your Ring account that would be changing your Modes, reach out to our support team to have this further investigated.

I am the ONLY person who has access to my Ring account as I live alone! After figuring this out, I’ve tested it by purposely putting it in disarmed mode only to have it change (by itself) to armed away mode whenever there is motion/person detection. Again I’m the only person that has access and I’m afraid by hooking up the alarm system that I will have false alerts/alarms, causing unnecessary/unwanted emergency alerts to Police/Fire etc. So I want to know (before installing the alarm system) that this won’t be happening. Can you please assist me with this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.