Location Address Issue

The ring app keeps selecting an address with the same number and road name as mine but in a complteley different county!!!

Everytime I search the address if finds two, both with the same road name and number, mine and another one in the North of England, I’m in the South! When I select mine, it changes to the incrorrect address. I contacted wring who confirmed there was a problem and they would need to investigate but never heard back from them. My address is on goolde maps but there is obviously an issue with the app. I deleted it, reinstalled and tried again, but still the same issue. Currently my account is showing the wqrong address!!! Please help!!!

You can enter adress manually and then in the end verify the location. First type wrong address and number and then correct one by one. Some times it took automatically pre suggest adress.

that does not work, I spoke to ring in December and they agree there is an issue. I called them today after not hearing from them and they are supposidly still looking into it.

The only thing that is correct is the country and the road name and number, the town and county it selects are wrong, I type the correct address then it it just defaults back to the wrong one.

Ring cant tell me what the issue is and keep apologising, their response “we are still looking into it”!

1 Like

My ring is doing the same my address is coming up as a location hundreds of miles away!!!

Im having the same issue. On the app my address is correct, but in the neighborhood app it is reverting to a unit I don’t know in my complex. How do I correct? Thanks for your help!

Hi @Carolinehill. For this concern, you would need to contact your support team directly so they can take a closer look at this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Same thing here. When entering, it firstly gets the postcode out by one letter then says I live in Kent. I update it manually, correcting the postcode but it still says I live in Kent. I live in London.

To set up my device I used the wrong address and then called ring who corrected it. You can also add an correct address via the ring app. You’ll have to unlink any chimes from the wrong address to link to your correct address. Once you’ve set up your correct address you can delete the wrong one, just make sure there are no devices linked to it. My issue was I was in a new development and ring uses google to find your address. Good luck. Ring customer support is one of the worst experiences I’ve had the pleasure to encounter!

Hi neighbors! To correct the location shown in your Ring app you will need to update the address by re-entering it in settings. Follow the steps below to update the location in your app.

• Ensure your Ring app is up to date.
    • App versions required: 5.49 (iOS) or 3.49 (Android) or higher.
  • Open the the Main Menu in the Ring app by tapping on the three lines on the top left corner.
  • Confirm the location you would like to update is selected at the top, then select Settings .
  • Select Change Address.
  • Tap Edit Address.
    • Note: If you have Professional Monitoring as part of your Ring Alarm, you will be switched to self-monitoring. You will need to update your preference in the monitoring section in the Ring app to Professional Monitoring, this will confirm your updated address for monitoring.
  • Input your address, when you begin typing it will auto populate options in a drop down that you can choose from as well.
  • Confirm your address is correct on the map.
  • Confirm the name you’d like for your Location.
  • You are all set with an updated location!

Please let us know if you have any further concerns with the location in your app. Thank you for being a great neighbor! :slight_smile: