Live view sound coming from ear piece, not speaker phone

Whenever I go into live view on any of my cameras, my sound only comes from the ear piece of my phone. It does not come through the loud speaker/speaker phone. If I’m trying to have a conversation via the doorbell, I literally have to hold my phone up to my ear as if I am on a phone call. All recordings play through the loud speaker/speaker phone. It’s just the live view that has this issue. Any fixes?

1 Like

Hey @Tlabo112282. The Live View is treated like a phone call on most phones, and therefore if these headphones are connected to Bluetooth and playing sound, it will play the sounds of the Live View as well. You will need to disconnect the Bluetooth device and it should play through the speakers on your phone! :slight_smile:

You misinterpreted the question. Read it again. This has nothing to do with bluetooth. I’m having the same problems. Looking for answers.

Hi @Roger911. I’m happy to chime in here. If your audio is not coming out of your phones speaker when doing a Live View, try the following steps:

• Verify that your Ring app and smart phone are caught up with the latest updates available.

• Reboot Phone

• Disable and reenable microphone permission for the Ring app in your phone settings.

• Clear the Ring app cache and data in phone settings if possible.

• Disable Bluetooth on your phone to see if it makes a difference.

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have probably the same root error, but it’s even more annoying. When I have music playing on my Bluetooth headphones and open a live view of a camera, even before it starts broadcasting sound, it will pull the music FROM my headphones, and IT STARTS PLAYING ON THE SPEAKERS. I didn’t request the audio from the camera yet, but it’s playing it out loud on the phone THE MUSIC I WAS LISTENING TO. That is unbelievably irritating.

I have already tried rebooting, clearing data, reinstalling, everything support mentioned above

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.