Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about Amazon Sidewalk here!

Internet connection is not currently working

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Internet connection is not currently working

Your mention of VPNs is what worked for me.  The Guardian VPN was getting me the "internet connection is not currently working" error message.  I switched to my other VPN (yes, I'm cautious; I have two different VPNs) and was able to get in fine.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Can’t log in to ring says no internet connection what the hell is going on everything is fine

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring seems to have done something to the app. It no longer works with Nord VPN. If I turn off the VPN it works but who wants to have to turn off the VPN to use a doorbell?! It’s always been a glitchy product. Ring now that you have the resources of Google behind you please fix.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors. Just wanted to clear something up for you, but please note that Ring does not allow the usage of VPNs for the devices to be connected under, as well as use Ring.com or the Ring app with a VPN. As of December 2019, we no longer support the use of VPNs while accessing Ring, Rapid Ring, or Neighbors applications. In order to use these applications, we ask our neighbors to disable their VPN or ask their VPN provider to help them exclude Ring traffic from the VPN. In addition, you may see a 406 error message displayed when you try to log in to a Ring app via a VPN. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I spent 3 hours trying to connect and never did any of the ring help mention the VPN.  as soon as I turned it off I got the abilty to connect.  All is well now.