IOS Turn off Upgrade Offers at bottom of app

Is there a way to disable the Upgrade Protection offers at the bottom of the Dashboard view?

1 Like

Hi @Martingz ! Could you please provide a screen shot for the team? Also, can you please confirm what Ring devices you have associated with the account? Thanks!

I was seeing it on the dashboard of iOS Ring app. I went to grab a screen capture and now not there. It has been there for weeks. Orange at the bottom of the dashboard under the ring doorbell thumbnail. Right now I’m not seeing it.

I believe the orange banner to upgrade or subscribe to the Ring Protect Plan should only be visible for the first 30 days after setting up a new device. This is due to being placed on a free 30 day trial of that service. Once that trial is over, the orange banner should disappear.

Thank you for the reply. I was sort of thinking something like that, but I had subscribed (not to the max) and it had gone past the trial. So was expecting it to go away. Appears it did, just a bit off in the timing. Maybe there is an additional period of offering an upgrade to the plan just purchased.

1 Like

Gotcha. For me, it had been counting down the days remaining even though I was already subscribed. After the last day, I never saw it again. Might’ve been a delayed response.

1 Like

Hello,

I am having this issue, but the solution previously identified in this thread did not remove the upgrade notice.

It has been at least a week since the 30 day trial has ended. I’ve actually signed up for a single camera subscription. However, at the bottom of the dashboard on the app an orange notice to upgrade still shows (attached screenshot). The devices I have hooked up are the base station, keypad, door senor, and 1 camera.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,
I have the same issue. It’s been way more than 30 days and I have a subscription for a basic plan but I get nagged by the orange banner to upgrade.
This is not a good customer experience and apart from removing part of the app’s screen real-estate, it’s a bit crap to be hassling me to upgrade.
Swiping does not remove it. How can I disable this please or am I stuck with this lame and badly-thought our attempt at an
upsell? Did an intern come up with this idea?
Many thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @Ianpugh, happy to chime in here. Have you recently added another Ring device to your account? If so, that would be why you have the banner at the bottom prompting for an upgrade, as it is for the new device. If not, then I’d suggest uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App. Should the banner still be there after giving that a try, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a deeper look and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

How about you give us the option to dismiss it? It’s annyoing as H-E-double-hockey sticks and makes me not want to use the app at all. I signed up for it with 2 devices (just added a new device yesterday) and now I have to stare at this stupid orange bar for another 29 days??!?!? Get with the program, Ring. This is ridiculous. Seeing it on my iPhone and iPad too so it’s doubly annoying. It’s so darn annoying I don’t want to buy any more devices because I don’t want to see this stupid orange bar for another 30 days every time I get something new.

1 Like

The banner is intrusive and violates the iOS UI guidelines.

Has anyone successfully gotten it to go away with reinstalling the app? I fear I may lose all my settings if I do that?

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Extremely annoying. Searched all through the menus but found no way to disable the ad so came here and found this thread.

Same issue. Need to be able to dismiss this orange banner.

Yeah I have this same issue. Orange bar telling me my videos aren’t being recorded and I need to sign up to a plan when I already have. Super annoying. Logged out. Deleted and downloaded app and its still there. I take it there is still no fix for this?

Was this problem ever solved? Annoying to have the orange “upgrade” prompt appear for 30 days, when already subscribed to Protect Plus.

I am still having the same issue. Did anyone solve this problem?

I too am having this issue, and agree it is tacky beyond belief for Ring to use up my screen space to attempt an upsell. Horrible user experience, and reflects very poorly on the company.
Ring: please get rid of this banner, or give us the means to do so.

I’ve renewed my protection plan but not to the pro level. I’m pass my 30 day trail and I thought this orange banner blocking a 1/3 of the screen would go away but it is still there asking if I now want to upgrade to the ProPlan. Can you please remove it? Thank you.

ringscreen

I called support to ask same. They said it’s the way the app works. She said she will escalate to second level support.
Now I’m seeing that people have asked for this for several years.
Brutal. In any other web app, they hound you with or you get ads when you are getting stuff for free. And if you subscribe, or pay, then they stop hounding you or stop ads.
Amazon and Ring have decided to have a policy of hounding you forever.
I even picked “self monitoring” in the settings.
Why the heck would you have an option where user can pick self monitoring and then for the rest of their lives hound them every time they vo into the app?
I guess I’m vested in this hardware now, but I’ll definitely be advising friends and family against Ring due to this. And even worse, I’m paying for the basic protect for my video doorbell and they are still perpetually prompting this message on my screen.
Should have spent the extra money and went with the Google solution.