Huawei P40 Pro & Ring devices

Hi all
Cannot manage to have full operational ring devices after I installed app to my new mobile Huawei P40 Pro which has no Google services.
I believe you have to fix/upgrade app
or accept any other idea

2 Likes

Hey @tsagatakg. What is not working with the Ring app? If you do not have the app downloaded from the Google Play store or the Apple App Store, it may not function as it should as these are supported app platforms. Let me know what seems to not be working with some more details and I’m happy to help out further!

Error message when open mobile ring app.
Cannot run without Google services
Ring, motion alert Notifications not working
I have Huawei p40 pro
Need fix/upgrade the software to be operational again with this specific mobiles

2 Likes

Did you get sorted? I’m not getting any notifications at all and I have a p40

1 Like

Hey neighbors! I recently helped out another neighbor with the same type of phone here. If you go to this post, it details some of the limitations that the Huawei phone has. Please note that if you do not have the Google Play store on your phone and cannot get the Ring app downloaded from there, this may pose some concerns with the app behaving as it should. Downloads of the Ring app are only supported via the Google play store, Microsoft store (for Windows computers desktop app), and the Apple App Store. You can learn more about this on our help page here.

1 Like

Can someone please assist and please dont respond with links that is already 4 years old as the android interface of current phones does not follow those routes anymore!!

I have a brand new p40lite huawei phone …i have a ring 3 , the app has been installed via apk store and everything works fine , live view settings etc etc

I JUST CANNOT RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS WHEN SOMEONE PUSHES THE DOORBELL WHICH DEFIES THE LOGIC AND REASON FOR ME PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT …

2 Likes

Same boat here. And also have problem with Eufy

2 Likes

I have the same problem, i have an Huawei phone without Google Mobile Services (GMS) and just downloaded the Ring-app via APKPure. When ever i start the app, it will display that the app isnt compatible with my device (Huawei Y5P 2020). It works fine. It just crashes sometimes.

A big issue is that i just do not get any notifications with Motion events. Or what i heard here, any action messages or anything.

Ring just needs to get the app on the Huawei AppGallery, and maybe they could work on compatiblity.

2 Likes

Has there been any response on this topic

Hi I have just got a ring doorbell and can not get notifications from the app. The app all works correctly and I can view the camera just no notifications. I have tried micro g which fixed amazon photo but still no notifications from ring… Battery optimisation is off. Any body got a hint on how to get this working?

Cheers

@ Chelsea hi are going to sort out the app for a pro 40 please . when you buy a ring alarm it should say what phones it will work with . it just say android .im very annoyed. plus your door bell wired it said it works with the wire and your existing bell chime . it doesn’t work your existing bell chime so if i read it right your information is wrong as i search it works with some bell chime . i had to buy a chime for you more money . just about had enough i have 30 days to send this back . just might do that . it seem you dont care . plus i dont live on my phone .phone is for calling and texting . these apps are getting ridiculous

Hi @user6527. Check to see if the tips in this Community Post here can help you with this concern on your Huawei phone. For the Doorbell wired, it is not compatible with any chime kit as it bypassed by using the jumper cable. The Ring app is centric to the Ring experience. Most features require a phone or tablet, but some feature can be used on Ring.com. I hope this helps.

hi i try the battery toggle still doesn’t work, and the other has been taken down .please please could sort this out Huawei phone pro 40 . you must able to do something update the app . for the people have trouble. i got it work on a Samsung tv qel. you need to download smartthings a Samsung internet. heres a link to yourtube How to connect a Ring Doorbell with your Samsung TV - YouTube
some how i got it working on my tv :smile: i hope this help . till they sort out the app

1 Like

Please make a Huawei version which does not require Google play services to receive a push notification . It’s kind of ridiculous exclude Huawei and their 50 million users a year. I won’t be buying additional products until this is fixed and I feel ripped off.

Brought 3 ring door bells before, but since they are now not working with Huawei phone, decide to give up all rings productions from now on. All my other IOT device are all working with Huawei phone!