How to turn off vibration in App alerts?

Does anyone know if there is a way to have audio motion alerts turned on without my phone vibrating every time?? This is a huge drain on my battery and kills my phone in just 2-3 hours. Would appreciate any help with this.

Hey @LakewoodFrog, this is going to be a phone specific setting that you will need to adjust, not in the Ring app. For iOS devices, I was able to find this option under General Settings > Sounds > Toggle OFF vibrate on ring. This setting may be in a different location on Android devices. If you cannot find this setting, please let us know what kind of phone you have and other neighbors that see this may be able to pinpoint this for you! :slight_smile:

Just to be sure I understand, you have to disable the vibration for everything on the phone? I still want vibration for calls and other notifications, just not in the Ring app.

Feature request maybe?

Hi @mt_100! This certainly would make for an excellent feature request. At this time, the only way to avoid vibrations while still receiving Ring alerts, will be to disable the vibration in notification preferences specific to your mobile device. As this mobile device setting often does not give the option per app (to my knowledge), this will indeed disable vibrations for all notifications.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

OK, that worked! On my Samsung Galaxy Android, it’s Settings > Sounds and vibrations > slide the notification bar to zero or as quietly as you’d like.

Thank you

2 Likes