cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Questions about Amazon Alexa devices and your Ring? Post them in our new Amazon Alexa board!

How to stop app from launching

Highlighted
New Neighbor

How to stop app from launching

If I'm using my phone and a ring notification happens, the ring app automatically launches and opens. Tell me how to stop this! I can not find it in settings. Running on Android.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: How to stop app from launching

Hey @Listentoyourmom, are you selecting the notification, or it pulls up automatically without any prompt from you? What kind of Android phone do you have? This sounds like a feature your phone is utilizing. For example, the S8 has this issue with Smart Relay, which some users turned off to avoid the apps automatically opening when on their phone. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

It automatically opens without a prompt.

I'm using a note 9.
Highlighted
Community Manager

@Listentoyourmom After a quick search, I found this Help Article from Samsung here! Please check it out and let me know if this fixes your concern. It looks like it still is something in regards to Smart Relay, so I recommend adjusting this setting in your phone's settings. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.