Had previews on iPhone lock screen and watch -- now gone again!

Yesterday, (January 3), I was surprised by a change in the Ring app on my iPhone X: when I received a camera event notification on the lock screen, it said “Use 3D Touch to Preview” (paraphrasing). When I pushed on the notification, a still image popped up that was taken maybe 2-3 seconds after the event. Even better, my Apple Watch showed the still image with each event.

I figured this was a New Year’s gift from Ring and is fantastic as it’s a great way to see if there is a delivery truck at the bottom of the driveway or if it’s just the neighborhood kids riding their bikes – without having to even open the app.

But today, it’s gone and back to the way it was before. I wish I had a screen shot but I don’t because I thought this was being rolled out for everyone.

Is this something that was being tested? My iPhone was the only one in our family behaving this way, and now this feature is gone again.

8 Likes

Exact same thing happened for me.

However today, it’s appeared on my wife’s phone, but not mine. Maybe it’ll just be a new feature soon?

2 Likes

I had it too for just a day. It’s gone now. Too bad, I liked it. It showed a still photo of what triggered the camera

3 Likes

I had it too for a brief minute. I would love to have it back.

3 Likes

Following … same thing happened to me, worked for one alert on iPhone X then stopped and never worked on my apple watch. Works on wife’s iPhone and Apple Watch.
Everything is fully up to date on phone and watch. I do one restart on phone and watch and it again worked for one alert then stopped on phone. Has never worked on watch.

2 Likes

Same here. It was a great feature. Hope it comes back.

2 Likes

Agreed. This was really cool to see the image that triggered motion on my Apple Watch and iPhone notification screen. Ring please bring this feature back!!!

1 Like

Same here. I just chatted with them and they had no clue. Hope it comes back permanently

1 Like

I’ve been waiting months for this feature to return! Please bring it back! Makes the app 200% more useful

Hey neighbors! We’re excited to announce our new feature that you may like, Rich Notifications. This is very similar to the requests made here in this thread. You can learn more about this feature in our Community Post here. Please note that this feature is **currently slow rolling ** and we appreciate your patience while we work to get it to all our neighbors. :slight_smile:

While our recent Rich Text Notifications feature delivers an image preview in your notifications, the Ring app does not support smart watches at this time. Our team continues to receive your feedback, in which you can add your votes on the Feature Request board, if you have not already. :slight_smile:

1 Like