Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDR switch’s it’s self off

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

HDR switch’s it’s self off

Since latest update I’ve noticed that HDR mode switch’s it’s self off. I switch it on comes up saved then come out of settings by the time you go back in it’s off
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: HDR switch’s it’s self off

Hey neighbors! Just wanted to provide you an update, and after checking in with the appropriate teams and seeing neighbors in the forum here responding, I can verify that we have deployed a fix for this via the most recent Ring app update. Please make sure you update your app as soon as possible to restore this feature, and if needed, you may need to remove the app, reboot your device and then reinstall the app if it does not take the update. 

Thank you again for all your patience and understanding during this time! If you continue to have this issue, please reach out to our support team directly to report on this so they can troubleshoot with your account. Cat Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Diamondg1! Can you try removing the app, rebooting your phone, and then reinstalling the Ring app? Normally with a fresh install of the app you shouldn't have this toggle switch not saving. Give that a try and let us know if you continue to run into this concern.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi tried the reboot and reinstall of app and no luck
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @Diamondg1. Do you by any chance have another device you can try this on, such as another phone or a tablet? Sometimes another device can help you edit this settings. You can even try it from Ring.com. If neither of these options are working, it may be best to reach out to support team at 1-800-656-1918.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same, still happening on iPad and iPhone. Also several people are reporting this same bug on reddit. https://reddit.com/r/Ring/comments/eji0e7/ring_doorbell_hdr_setting_wont_save/

Ring Doorbell 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

@tawoody Thank you for this! I will make sure to pass this onto the appropriate team. 

Neighbors, please continue to comment in this thread if you are experiencing the same concern after trying the above troubleshooting so this can be passed on as well!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am having the same exact issue.  I enable HDR in the settings and it shows it is toggled on and saved.  Once I leave settings and come back the HDR has been toggled off.  This is happening no matter what time of the day.  Please help.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue here on my 2 ring door bell cameras!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have this same issue on iOS. I've tried removing the app and redownloading it, still doesn't work. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This solution did not work for me. HDR setting continues to turn itself off shortly after I turn it on and receiving "saved" response.