Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDR switch’s it’s self off

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: HDR switch’s it’s self off

Same for me. HDR automatically resets to off. Unfortunate!
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I am on iOS 5.23.0 and have this same issue

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same for me. Driving me nuts.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue here

Highlighted
New Neighbor

SPECIFICALLY, WHAT IS BEING DONE ABOUT THIS DISGRACEFUL FAILURE BY RING TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM? WE ARE TIRED OF BEING LIED TO. IS IT INCOMPETENCE OR INDIFFERENCE?  NO MORE BOILERPLATE ANSWERS. ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! We appreciate your patience while our team nears the end of their investigation to implement a resolution to your concern. I will make sure to update this thread when there has been a release of this. Our team has determined that this is a visual error for now, and as long as you see that the app has saved the setting when you go to enable HDR the feature, it will be on - even if you go back and it's off or missing. 

This has not affected all our neighbors though, so if you have not already, please make sure of the following: 

• Verify your Ring app is up to date and so is your iOS/Android software
  • Ensure that if you see this toggle, and enable it, that the feature will be enabled
  • If you want to turn off HDR, you will need to toggle it on then off

Thank you again for your patience and feel free to continue to comment on this thread if you notice the ability to be restored before we post an update, or have the same concern and want to leave a comment so you can follow along. Smiley Happy 

Edit, update as of 3/23/2020: Thank you neighbors for the updates and letting us know if you've been affected by this. We appreciate your patience on this. We've talked to the team this morning and from our understanding, a fix should be in the next app release. We will continue to keep you updated on its release date!

I have accepted this post as a solution. While we are aware of this concern and are investigating it further, this is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to try the troubleshooting steps recommended. Additionally, this is to help engage our neighbors to provide us more examples to pass on to our team.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor

Not really a 'Solution' per se - - - - Every other setting in this app retains it's setting when you set it - except this one.  This really shouldn't be rocket science for the app developers to figure this out - otherwise the questions will most certainly continue / jus' sayin' 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’m having the same issue.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Sorry but the switch on; going out of the app; then it’s off doesn’t keep the hdr visually on. I toggle it on off and can tell the difference
Highlighted
New Neighbor

So if it’s fixed. Why can I see a difference when it turns itself off??