HDR switch’s it’s self off

Yep. HDR does not stay on on iOS

Thank you- it seems this is isolated to iOS. We will send this information to the team and will bring you updates when we have more information. Thank you!

Same issue here. Tried on Android and the same issue is occurring as well. HDR option keeps turning off on all my ring devices.

I set the option to “enabled” on my Android, and still it gets disabled. So I don’t think it’s strictly an iOS issue. This should be priority. Stop advertising a feature that does not work.

1 Like

Same for me. HDR automatically resets to off. Unfortunate!

I am on iOS 5.23.0 and have this same issue

Same for me. Driving me nuts.

Same issue here

SPECIFICALLY, WHAT IS BEING DONE ABOUT THIS DISGRACEFUL FAILURE BY RING TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM? WE ARE TIRED OF BEING LIED TO. IS IT INCOMPETENCE OR INDIFFERENCE? NO MORE BOILERPLATE ANSWERS. ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Hey neighbors! We appreciate your patience while our team nears the end of their investigation to implement a resolution to your concern. I will make sure to update this thread when there has been a release of this. Our team has determined that this is a visual error for now, and as long as you see that the app has saved the setting when you go to enable HDR the feature, it will be on - even if you go back and it’s off or missing.

This has not affected all our neighbors though, so if you have not already, please make sure of the following:

• Verify your Ring app is up to date and so is your iOS/Android software
  • Ensure that if you see this toggle, and enable it, that the feature will be enabled
  • If you want to turn off HDR, you will need to toggle it on then off

Thank you again for your patience and feel free to continue to comment on this thread if you notice the ability to be restored before we post an update, or have the same concern and want to leave a comment so you can follow along. :slight_smile:

Edit, update as of 3/23/2020: Thank you neighbors for the updates and letting us know if you’ve been affected by this. We appreciate your patience on this. We’ve talked to the team this morning and from our understanding, a fix should be in the next app release. We will continue to keep you updated on its release date!

I have accepted this post as a solution. While we are aware of this concern and are investigating it further, this is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to try the troubleshooting steps recommended. Additionally, this is to help engage our neighbors to provide us more examples to pass on to our team.

Not really a ‘Solution’ per se - - - - Every other setting in this app retains it’s setting when you set it - except this one. This really shouldn’t be rocket science for the app developers to figure this out - otherwise the questions will most certainly continue / jus’ sayin’

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue.

Sorry but the switch on; going out of the app; then it’s off doesn’t keep the hdr visually on. I toggle it on off and can tell the difference

1 Like

So if it’s fixed. Why can I see a difference when it turns itself off??

It’s NOT fixed! The Ring people are simply ignoring all of us , lying to all of us, and trying to make fools out of all of us. IT IS DISGUSTING! Then they try to tell us, “it’s fixed; just ignore it, it’s really working even though it shows that it’s toggled off.” Ring Community: I defy you to rxplain this.

2 Likes

It still does not work for me.

1 Like

It’s not staying set on hdr for me and my apps updated today.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! Just wanted to provide you an update to let you know we are still looking into this for you all. I will make sure to update you accordingly once we have a resolution. Please review the post that I have marked as a solution to follow any troubleshooting steps you may have not already done. Thank you again for your patience. :slight_smile:

The support told me my WIFI speed is low, but when we tested by the doorbell it was 20 times faster then they expected. They did not help at all.

Right. Not a solution kinda of like “have you tried rebooting your device?” Is not a solution. Toggle the HDR “on”? Update the software??? Really? That’s what you got??