HDR switch’s it’s self off

I wish they cared a bit more. Such a sick feature that apparently *NO ONE* is able to use. I hope their dev teams reading through this thread of their many paying customers complaining about this defective feature.

1 Like

Hey neighbors, while there is no update at this time, I can ensure you all that it is something that is still being investigated. I will make sure to update accordingly once this is addressed by our teams. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you…when you pay $200 for a doorbell camera, you’d expect these options to work…
I’ve worked as a SQA Engineer for 25 years…frankly, this should have been
easily found and fixed…

1 Like

Same here and very frustrating! Wish the camera would turn on faster with motion as well. People are at my door before camera is on.

Hey Chelsea,

Does Ring not understand that this is UNACCEPTABLE. Look at all of the posts on this subject! (also take a look at Google). Look at the posts of folks who are in this field and state that they would have had it fixed already. We are running out of patience, so don’t thank us for our patience. This is an expensive product and we shouldn’thave to be wasting time with this nonsense and these stall tactics. Get someone who knows what they are doing and get rid of those that don’t. That’s the way I ran a very successful business for many years.

3 Likes

Same here, not a lot of point in buying the ring 2 if the HDR does not work, I may as well have just got the old ring and saved money, advertising HDR and not suppling, is that not false advertising? Maybe trading standards should be looking into this?

1 Like

Happening to me too in both spotlight cam and video doorbell 2. If I keep app open in background it stays on but as soon as I close app it reverts back to off.

I just ended a support chat session and was told to reinstall the app.

Did reinstalling the app work?

Aw. You should have asked me. I would have said the same thing. But then again I have absolutely no expertise in troubleshooting Ring doorbells. Just like the phone support staff at Ring.

No. It never works. But Level 1 phone response people always love to think so.

Same problem here HDR switches off no matter what I do. Never works this is ridiculous.

Hi, yes my HDR switches off too which is annoying. Doesn’t matter if I try with my iPhone or iPad. Once I cancel the app down then the toggle switches off.

I have tried to turn the HDR setting on for my doorbell 2. But once I close the app and go back to view the HDR has turned itself off.

Any advice?

Iv deleted and reinstalled app

Hi neighbors – confirming this is only happening on iOS devices?

Mine is/are iOS device(s).

Yep. HDR does not stay on on iOS

Thank you- it seems this is isolated to iOS. We will send this information to the team and will bring you updates when we have more information. Thank you!

Same issue here. Tried on Android and the same issue is occurring as well. HDR option keeps turning off on all my ring devices.

I set the option to “enabled” on my Android, and still it gets disabled. So I don’t think it’s strictly an iOS issue. This should be priority. Stop advertising a feature that does not work.

1 Like