Global notification snooze

It would be great if there was an option that would automatically snooze notifications for all sensors (and maybe even cameras) when the alarm is in “disarmed” mode. It is a pain to snooze each sensor and camera in my system, or to just get constant notifications when I am home. I am not on a regular enough schedule that the time based snooze functions would work, but an alarm-mode based snooze seems like it could be a convenient alternative.

Maybe there could be the option to set up lists of sensors (and cameras) with notifications on in each alarm mode, similar to the way you can set which sensors are active in each mode.

2 Likes

Hey there, @Cubic. Great news! We actually are working on a feature right now called “Modes”) that’ll allow you to control the behavior of your Cameras and Alarm. We have a slow roll out right now to our neighbors, so stay posted on when you see this feature in your app!

Hi, I see “Disarmed” mode settings for my camera, but do not see a “Disarmed” mode setting option for my Alarm devices. Is that still in process and coming soon? For now I’m just turning off notifications on my device because I’m tired of all the door open/close notices when it’s disarmed and full of activity that I don’t need a notification for. Also, rather than set this for every alarm device, will there be an option to set an overal alarm “disarmed” mode setting for all alarm devices? It’s fine to have events logged in history when disarmed, but I don’t need notifications on my device.

Hey @WM2. This isn’t quite included in the new update to Modes, but it would be a great addition! I agree that having all alerts dismissed when in Disarm mode would make the most sense for situations like yourself. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

All associated devices should be turned off when doing a global disarm. We still hear the constant annoying chime plugged in when kids are outside playing or the landscapers are outside. Why does the Ring Chime still chime after doing a global disarm? It seems logical. Is anything being done to remedy this?

Global disarm does this. But not 100%. The symbol is on the upper left symbol on your dashboard. It will not silence the Ring Chime though. And THAT is all I really want. It only silences the phone alerts.

Hi @sentinoboca. Thanks for sharing your feedback on this feature. While the Global Motion Snooze will not silence alerts from Chimes, feel free to share this suggestion and any other ideas on our Feature Request board. :slight_smile:

Yes, it seems like a multi step convoluted process to snooze motion alerts when the landscapers come and set off all the cameras. Chime Pro keeps chiming away. Irritating.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.