Getting notifications but no motion

We had an unwanted visitor at our shop early this morning. Ring sent us a notification but when we went to view we saw no motions detected. Did a live stream and saw nothing. About 15mins later we viewed app and saw motions now detected that showed the unwanted visitor who stole several items. How do we fix the delay motion readiness so we can alarm them we know they are trespassing?

Sorry to hear about this @Felicia_86! It sounds like this concern is going to be in regards to speed to answer, and connection efficiency. Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled when attempting to see or answer a video. This should optimize connection times, and your ability to see recordings quickly.

Check out also, our Rapid Ring app, which is another way to quickly access video. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I’m very disappointed this Ring device
What good is it takes forever to activate.
We have strong internet and have checked everything
I wonder if this happens because I do not choose to pay monthly for a recording service. No way, I pay enough for all this stuff as it is