cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Screen Live View Ring App Updates

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Full Screen Live View Ring App Updates

I’m pretty much a power user - 5 cameras, Ring Alarm, 2 connected smoke/carbon monoxide alarms, 3 Chime Pros, and Alexa listening for glass breaks when alarm is armed
- but I came to this page because I could not remember how to get automatic Live View.
It was your explanation that got me up and running it again.
Yes, it only tells you after you toggle off In-App Notifications and, yes, it applies to all cameras even though it is many layers deep in the individual camera settings.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ahh. I am on a newer version.
Hang tight. I think it will come back when the next update is released.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

How'd you get a newer version? Is it a BETA or something? I uninstalled/re-installed to see if that fixed it. No joy.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’m just illustrating that the current firmware that you have, does seem to have an issue with Live View not opening.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I will add that, one of my cameras was not automatically going into Live View, but I realized that Motion Alerts had been turned off for that camera, so, when you get it working, make sure Motion Alerts is on for the cameras you want Live View, as well as the In-App Notifications being turned off.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Got it. Thanks!

New Neighbor

Ring v5.23.1 has automatic Live View working.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

That's good to know, but how do I change version to 5.2.3.1 ?  All it says in Device Health is "you're up to date ".

Highlighted
Community Manager

Good question @Ppanther! In most cases, your Ring device will update it's firmware automatically. If it says "up to date", it should be on the most recent firmware available. Learn more about firmware updates in this help center article.

It always good to ensure the Ring app is also up to date via your app store. I hope this helps!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
/* */