Firmware update on Mac, lost ability to change settings

As I said, I can’t use the app on my smartphone. Initial setup was done by my son who has a more up to date smartphone. I can’t have him running over here every time I want/need to make an adjustment. Removing that option from my desktop is not at all helpful to me, besides which he uninstalled it from his phone once we were set up to handle it ourselves on the computer.

So again I ask - is it possible to uninstall the recent update and go back to the previous version?

I might also add that when you offer an update, you might advise us exactly what changes are going to take place so that we have the option of not updating should the changes be undesirable. If I had known this was going to happen, I wouldn’t have updated.

The only update I want to see is a faster response time when motion is detected. By the time we receive motion alerts, someone is already ringing the doorbell. The delay is quite unacceptable, defeats the purpose and I’ve never been happy with this device from the beginning. It’s useless on a sunny day due to the bright light, the video is grainy and visitors can’t hear us through the intercom. That plus the fact it can’t be hardwired into my existing doorbell/intercom wiring should have been noted on the packaging before we made the purchase. Now to top it all off, I can’t even control it from my computer. Far as I’m concerned this thing has been a total waste of money. All we needed was a new doorbell and that’s about all this thing is good for.