False neighbors alerts

I keep getting neighbors alerts almost daily, but no posts have been made in months matching my criteria. How do I stop these false alerts?

Hey @Schneebly. What does the alert look like? If you go into the Neighbor’s section of the Ring app and tap on your location name at the top, do you have another location that these incidents are coming from?

I do have another one set up, but there were no alerts there either. My girlfriend has the app on hers as well and isn’t getting alerts for it.

@Schneebly Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know this! Do you have the Neighbors app, or you’re getting these alerts from the Ring app? Whichever app is giving you these false alerts, please try removing the app from your phone, rebooting your phone by turning it off/on and then reinstalling the app. After this, monitor your alert history and see if these alerts continue to come through. In the event they still may, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Why is Ring sending me obviously bogus “Neighborhood Alert” notifications. I’ve received two that supposedly show thefts from the same porch which are obviously not from my neighborhood? Pretty unethical marketing in my opinion. By the way, the enabling app for this feature isn’t even available in my country.

Hi @donjuano. Have you tried the steps that Chelsea suggested in the previous reply? If not, I’d definitely recommend giving those a try. If those steps don’t resolve this concern and you continue to get false alerts, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look at this with you.

I don’t have any indication in settings or anywhere else that I have the Neighbors function on my account. So no, Chelsea’s advice didn’t solve it.

I called customer support. They were unable to help me, will provide me with next level support to look at the problem.