Event history wont play

Unable to click on/ play recent event history but I can open live view. I have IOS the other household memeber has android. Its the same for both of us. Have already uninstalled/reinstalled and restarted as well as turned wifi off. Neither of those has solved the problem. This just started yesterday, both phones are updated.

2 Likes

Event history won’t play. My live view won’t activate. Do I need a contract for live view?

Hi neighbors! Are both of you subscribed to a Protect Plan? Without a plan, you will not be able to see past videos. However, Live View should still work. Let me know which plan you have and we can go from there!

Having same issue and yes I have a protection plan

Hey @Rgerlek, happy to chime in here. Can you please share a screen recording of what happens when you try to access a recorded video from your Event History log? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply.

It won’t even open the video

@Rgerlek I’d recommend uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App before trying to access your Event History again. If that doesn’t work for you, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look at this for you and find a solution. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I have plan and videos of motion history won’t open.