cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event history timeline causes live view to freeze on samsung s10

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Event history timeline causes live view to freeze on samsung s10

@madfukez Could you send us an email at community@ring.com and we can get this username concern sorted out for you! Feel free to email us with your desired username from the email address you use for Community. Smiley Happy 

@AHR Are all of your videos from Ring.com also a black video, or from the other iPhone you used before? Let me know if the app or website also show the videos as all black or if you can actually see the video! 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hey @Chelsea_Ring on the desktop app and the iphone the video works fine. The event timeline on the Iphone works fine. Its just the andriod devices that it does not work. I tried using another andriod device, Samsung S9 with adriod 10 and it has the same problem. I think you guys might need to do an update for the ring app on andriod.

Adam

Highlighted
Community Manager

@AHR Could you capture a screen recording of what happens on the Android app, where when you pull up the Timeline view the videos are black? I have not seen reports on this, so getting this looked at and escalated up will require a video like that to explain and see why this may be happening on one device and not another. Also, for the Android app, could you try removing the Ring app, rebooting the phone and then reinstalling the app to see if it's still doing it? If it is, please reply with a screen recording of this! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hey @Chelsea_Ring please see attached a screen recording of what happens everytime I try and go into timeline view of a device. Please note that this is after I uninstalled the app, rebooted my phone, and then reinstalled it as per your instructions. It did not help the problem. I tried uploading the mp4 file of the recording but apparently this discusstion board does not allow that type of file so I had to zip it. If you can't open it please let me know and I will email it to you.

Adam

Highlighted
Community Manager

@AHR Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! I have had this matter officially escalated up to the appropriate teams. I will make sure to keep you posted in this matter as we learn more as to why this is happening on the Timeline view for you and what we can do to improve it for the future. Thank you neighbor! Smiley Happy