Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event History won't play

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Event History won't play

Same problem here. Cant view event history. It shows the notifications but when i click to view them nothing happens. Video wont pop up to view. Just started doing this a few days ago.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same problem here. Cant view event history. It shows the notifications but when i click to view them nothing happens. Video wont pop up to view. Just started doing this a few days ago. Try everything reinstalled the app. Clear Cache. Does not work will wi-fi and when i turn the wi-fi off. The live view works find too 

It was working great then last week it staring acting up 

I have Samsung Galaxy A10e 

What should I do 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have a Samsung Note 10. Only within the last few days I cannot get the playback on my event history. I see this problem marked as resolved, but not sure who that applies to. Mine is not resolved.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same problem, just updated my iPhone too. Didn’t work. Tried with and without WiFi, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. iPhone 8
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi neighbors! If you are continuing to have this concern, please remove the Ring app from your phone, reboot your phone (turn it off/on) and then reinstall the app. Once reinstalled, make sure that you have the most up to date operating system on your device, log into the account, and try to look at your event history.

Please note you will need an active Ring Protect Plan in order have your events stored and viewable. Turn on/off your wifi to ensure it's not the network you're connected to on your phone that is preventing the event from loading, and that you do not have your phone connected to any VPN. If this has not been a solution for you still, please reach out to our support team here for further troubleshooting!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This happened to me as of yesterday. Still not working on any of my devices. Chat support is useless. I'll try the uninstall/reinstall solution and see what happenes. Maybe its time to push an update? currently on Iphone XR.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have iPhone XR and wife also has iPhone also and is not letting us see previous events. Black screen shows up with ring in left upper corner. This is a bummer
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm having the same problem on a new Samsung S10. Cannot play event history unless it was an hour previous to current time.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same here. I can view recordings of unanswered motion events but I cannot view live view recordings.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

https://status.ring.com/
System status shows issues today