Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event History won't play

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Event History won't play

I can't play videos from the Event History. I have 2 Samsungs, one with version 3.19.0 and the other with version 3.18.0. I have a Nokia with version 3.19.0. None of them will play the videos. I also cannot view Event History on a families camera either. The live feed works fine and I can view the history on my laptop but not through the app. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Event History won't play

Hi neighbors! If you are continuing to have this concern, please remove the Ring app from your phone, reboot your phone (turn it off/on) and then reinstall the app. Once reinstalled, make sure that you have the most up to date operating system on your device, log into the account, and try to look at your event history.

Please note you will need an active Ring Protect Plan in order have your events stored and viewable. Turn on/off your wifi to ensure it's not the network you're connected to on your phone that is preventing the event from loading, and that you do not have your phone connected to any VPN. If this has not been a solution for you still, please reach out to our support team here for further troubleshooting!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Sorry to hear that this is happening @Fredsdead! To start, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app on at least 2 of these phones to see if it makes an improvement in functionality. When testing a live view on a mobile device, please ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled, as well as trying on wifi only and again on data only.

Please let us know how this goes! Thank you Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

We just developed the  same issue today. 3 up to date Samsung phones, none of them are able to play the event history when our phones are connected to our wi-fi. If we turn off wi-fi and switch to data, the app works as it should. There are absolutely no other issues with our wi-fi or equipment, we have checked/tested everything. We have tried the uninstall/reinstall method, cleared caches and cleaned our phones out. We have tried everything and are 100% certain the problem is with the Ring app. We are also able to use the app normally on laptops and with our Kindles (android) and these devices are connecting via the same wi-fi as the Samsung phones that can't play back videos from the event history.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have exactlythe same problem. My ring playback was working fine until maybe yesterday, suddenly I can't view history whatas so ever. However, if I use 4G LTE then it works fine. Live view and answering is also working perfectly. Just not playback...... so weird

Highlighted
Neighbor II

There is an issue with the service. In device help you can see the Ring status. I copied this from that page below.

Ring
Error loading eventsSubscribe
Monitoring - Our provider that was having intermittent DNS resolution errors has mitigated the problem. We are currently monitoring the results.
Oct 23, 04:11 UTC
Identified - The cause of this issue has been identified as Intermittent DNS resolution errors through one of our providers.
Oct 22, 19:26 UTC
Investigating - Currently neighbors are experiencing issues downloading or viewing events in the Ring app
Oct 22, 18:19 UTC
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks @Eagle328 ! Is everyone able to view their videos? 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

It's listed as corrected now. So it should be working now.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

The app works again. I went to bed with no event history but when I woke the next morning everything is working. I didn't change any settings or reset my router so I'm fairly confident that it was the app. 

Thanks

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is marked as solved, but I'm still struggling with this on my Samsung Galaxy S10. Anyone else?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am still having issues with my iPhone! I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and that didn't work. I can see the live feed fine but not the history.