Event History won't play

There is an issue with the service. In device help you can see the Ring status. I copied this from that page below.

Ring
Error loading eventsSubscribe
Monitoring - Our provider that was having intermittent DNS resolution errors has mitigated the problem. We are currently monitoring the results.
Oct 23, 04:11 UTC
Identified - The cause of this issue has been identified as Intermittent DNS resolution errors through one of our providers.
Oct 22, 19:26 UTC
Investigating - Currently neighbors are experiencing issues downloading or viewing events in the Ring app
Oct 22, 18:19 UTC

1 Like

Thanks @Eagle328 ! Is everyone able to view their videos?

It’s listed as corrected now. So it should be working now.

The app works again. I went to bed with no event history but when I woke the next morning everything is working. I didn’t change any settings or reset my router so I’m fairly confident that it was the app.

Thanks

This is marked as solved, but I’m still struggling with this on my Samsung Galaxy S10. Anyone else?

I am still having issues with my iPhone! I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and that didn’t work. I can see the live feed fine but not the history.

1 Like

Same problem here. Cant view event history. It shows the notifications but when i click to view them nothing happens. Video wont pop up to view. Just started doing this a few days ago.

Same problem here. Cant view event history. It shows the notifications but when i click to view them nothing happens. Video wont pop up to view. Just started doing this a few days ago. Try everything reinstalled the app. Clear Cache. Does not work will wi-fi and when i turn the wi-fi off. The live view works find too

It was working great then last week it staring acting up

I have Samsung Galaxy A10e

What should I do

1 Like

I have a Samsung Note 10. Only within the last few days I cannot get the playback on my event history. I see this problem marked as resolved, but not sure who that applies to. Mine is not resolved.

Same problem, just updated my iPhone too. Didn’t work. Tried with and without WiFi, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. iPhone 8

Hi neighbors! If you are continuing to have this concern, please ensure you have the most up to date version of your Ring app installed. In addition, make sure that you have the most up to date operating system on your device, are logged into the Ring app, and try to look at your event history.

Please note you will need an active Ring Protect Plan in order have your events stored and viewable. Turn on/off your wifi to ensure it’s not the network you’re connected to on your phone that is preventing the event from loading, and that you do not have your phone connected to any VPN. If this has not been a solution for you still, please reach out to our support team here for further troubleshooting!

This happened to me as of yesterday. Still not working on any of my devices. Chat support is useless. I’ll try the uninstall/reinstall solution and see what happenes. Maybe its time to push an update? currently on Iphone XR.

I have iPhone XR and wife also has iPhone also and is not letting us see previous events. Black screen shows up with ring in left upper corner. This is a bummer

1 Like

I’m having the same problem on a new Samsung S10. Cannot play event history unless it was an hour previous to current time.

Same here. I can view recordings of unanswered motion events but I cannot view live view recordings.

https://status.ring.com/
System status shows issues today

My event history won’t play, I used my Samsung Galaxy S8 to set up my ring about a year ago. Last month I became unable to view event history videos. I have uninstalled the app several times, turned off phone, restarted phone, reinstalled app, removed or disconnected my device from the app and then reinstalled, connected and disconnected from wi-fi. Still not working on my phone, I added my husband’s phone as a user, same phone as mine, he is able to view event history videos. Installed the ring app on my ipad pro today, I am able to view event videos on it as well.

This is very frustrating to me, I am at a loss.

TBH my Samsung A5 Phone has never been able to view history (nor live events for that matter) only stills from earlier events. Neither wi-fi or data.
My Galaxy tablet S4 is fine - which is OK when I’m on wi-fi, but it has no data capability.
Both devices have latest possible Android updated.

I have a secure Cam and a doorbell. The external cam plays up every now and then - but that’s a different topic.
I’ve had a busy year so no time to follow this up until now.

I am having issues viewing the event history with my Samsung galaxy s10 as well. It’s been two days now.

I am having the same issue where my event history will not play on my ring app on my Iphone. My boyfriends app is working just fine. I can view the live view without any problems. It has always worked fine but the last few weeks the event history will not play. I have tried re-installing the app, the app is up to date. Nothing has fixed it. Does anyone have any solutions? The main reason I have this doorbell is to see whats going on around my home.