Enable sound notification for doorbell but not for cameras?

I would like to enable the sound notification in the event someone pushes the button on the doorbell, but don’t want to hear the chime whenever motion triggers one of the other cameras. But I would like to see a silent notification when the other cameras experience a motion event.

It seems like on the iPhone x, it’s either all sounds or no sounds? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Great question, @goldengate! There are a few option within the Ring app that allows you to customize your alerts experience. For this specific scenario, I recommend checking the Alert Settings for each device in your Ring app. Here are the steps on doing so:

1. From the Ring app dashboard, open the menu.
  2. Select “Devices”
  3. Visit the desired Ring device.
  4. Select “Device Settings”, then “Alert Settings”.

The App Alert Tones option will allow you to control the volume of the app alerts, as well as choose between various tones, including a “silent option”. This should allow you to hear notifications for some, and with tones that you can use to differ from each device.

If you have a Ring Chime device, this can also be done through the linked devices, toggled event notifications, and Chime alert tones options. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much!! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for!! I would give you 1000 kudos points if I could! So often community forums on the internet don’t provide useful information. Not to this… thank you again!

2 Likes

Anytime, @goldengate! Glad to see this information was helpful. Whether it is Community team member or a Community user, we are all neighbors in the Ring Community. Feel free to post questions or feedback any time! :slight_smile:

This worked, but even though I have my camera set to “none” on sounds, it still vibrates, killing my battery. Is there a way to turn off the vibration mode for ring alerts only on iphone X?

Hi Marley!

any chance the Alert Settings option could be added to the Ring Alarm? that’s not an option withint Ring Alarm in the app and all my Ring Alarm notifications sound like any other standar iPhone notification. Thanks!

Hi @Dante. Stepping in for Marley here. That would be a great addition to our Feature Request Board! Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!